Hereford Opportunity Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

I've looked at several, and there's nothing I really dislike. I would assume that Joe did a fair job of selecting them. My favorite to this point is lot 9. I think that she should make a great carcass and maternal cow. She is deep, supposed to be moderate, probably thick. I like the pedigrees on lots 2 and 8 also, and they seem to be acceptable phenotype.

Scrolled through them a while longer. More favorites: lot 40(I like her sire a lot), lot 52A(Ozzie genetics with apparent pigment around the eyes), lot 53. There are some very nice cattle in this sale IMO. The Stewart bull has sired some bulls for Carl McDonald that have gained over 5#adg in the OBI bull test in years past.

What are you interested in? Bulls, cows, or heifers?

Santas and Duhram Reds":zuirp54v said:
Sale this weekend in Sedalia MO. Thinking about attending. If I do, any animals you would recommend?

http://www.reedent.com/midwest/catalogs/moopp/moopp.pdf
Stop by and introduce yourself, If you find a heifer you like and bring her back to the Jr Cattlemans Show next June and show in the futurity you will be awarded some cash, there will be 2000 Bucks to be divided
among the returning juniors, Last year only 3 came back. L Day "DFF"

greenwillowhereford II":sqi3j6gh said:
Scrolled through them a while longer. More favorites: lot 40(I like her sire a lot), lot 52A(Ozzie genetics with apparent pigment around the eyes), lot 53. There are some very nice cattle in this sale IMO. The Stewart bull has sired some bulls for Carl McDonald that have gained over 5#adg in the OBI bull test in years past.

What are you interested in? Bulls, cows, or heifers?

The lot 40 heifer is a nice heifer, If I remember correct she is bred to RIBEYE, that ought to work!
This is a great set of cattle to sell today, Joe has done a great job of selecting. Anyone interested can call Joe or Matt Reynolds (sale mngr.) out of state trucking will be available as cattle have sold to several states in past sales.

greenwillowhereford II":265poeoa said:
I've looked at several, and there's nothing I really dislike. I would assume that Joe did a fair job of selecting them. My favorite to this point is lot 9. I think that she should make a great carcass and maternal cow. She is deep, supposed to be moderate, probably thick. I like the pedigrees on lots 2 and 8 also, and they seem to be acceptable phenotype.

The lot 9 is a super heifer with positive carcass traits, I pulled her from the sale as she didn't settle to AI(Ribeye) Lot 2 is a nice cow, I have made purchases from the Butler's in past and have not been dissappointed. And lot 8, super pedigree, balanced EPDs, and a great look, she is not like most Legends I have seen,Which was the opinion of other consignors yesterday. lots of rib,super top,tremendous bone, and performance too. Yes I maybe biased but I think she is one of the top show prospects there.
L Day "DFF"

greenwillowhereford II":2gei7tbh said:
BTW, I didn't realize when I first picked her out that lot 9 was yours. Are you going to give her a chance to breed naturally?
Yes I am going to bred her to a son of Boulder 36M we have.He has some positive carcass #'s, as well as he has produced a few nice hfrs that I will keep for replacements.
L Day

Latest posts