Hereford maternal epds

Help Support CattleToday:

There's alot of choices. What are you trying to add to your angus heifers? Have any pictures of them? ABS has some good bulls if you are using an AI stud.

Upon further thought, Mark Domino 8020 would be near the top of the list IMO, as well as a number of Feltons 517 descendants. My personal choice for AI would actually be Day Zato Tone 943.

Baldie Maker":15pv171b said:
Got any pics of the day bull?
He was pictured in a thread on the breeds board a while back, and was in two separate ads in the July issue of Hereford World. Nobody has actually posted the color ad pic. I don't have a scanner, and I've nearly given up on posting pics as I don't have the knack for it very well. I did own the bull's half brother some time back. PM me about e-mail if you wish, as I do have some pics on my computer of that bull.

That's him! That black and white is a mirror image of the color photo that Day had in his ad if I am not mistaken. The black and white is from the Polledstad ad. If all goes as planned, I'll be using a bull sired by 943's half brother 400 next year.

I never did manage to pull up the files I wanted with pics of my old Day bull at 5 or 6 years old, but found one with him at about 3. I don't know if it's the same for the rest of you, but seems like my bulls will look very good at 16-30 months, then they'll go through this stage where they are kind of less than photogenic until they reach about 4 years old or so.

Top pic is of the Day Rupert Tone 092. He is a half brother to 943. Not a good shot, but does show his depth. The first two calves are his sons, both out of the same cow. Used a bucket with some cubes to get her to stay in place with new baby. The first calf was her first, pictured at 2 1/2 months if I recall. Second calf was full brother. The cow is now almost 8, so these are some old photos. The same old cow pictured again last winter, and her daughter with first calf on March 14 this year. The daughter was a three time breed champion 4H heifer for my son. That calf has been sold as a prospect herd sire since. The old cow is one of those "frail" Victor cows Herefordsire has referred to....she came from Flying G Ranch. The average weaning weight of both sexes combined for her calves is around 600# without creep, and on the type of forage pictured.

greenwillowhereford II":3d4xjbzu said:
I never did manage to pull up the files I wanted with pics of my old Day bull at 5 or 6 years old, but found one with him at about 3. I don't know if it's the same for the rest of you, but seems like my bulls will look very good at 16-30 months, then they'll go through this stage where they are kind of less than photogenic until they reach about 4 years old or so.

Top pic is of the Day Rupert Tone 092. He is a half brother to 943. Not a good shot, but does show his depth. The first two calves are his sons, both out of the same cow. Used a bucket with some cubes to get her to stay in place with new baby. The first calf was her first, pictured at 2 1/2 months if I recall. Second calf was full brother. The cow is now almost 8, so these are some old photos. The same old cow pictured again last winter, and her daughter with first calf on March 14 this year. The daughter was a three time breed champion 4H heifer for my son. That calf has been sold as a prospect herd sire since. The old cow is one of those "frail" Victor cows Herefordsire has referred to....she came from Flying G Ranch. The average weaning weight of both sexes combined for her calves is around 600# without creep, and on the type of forage pictured.

Nice looking bull and great looking calves. As you know we have recently purchased a 943 related young bull from Richard Day. I couldn't be more delighted, he is doing great and growing like a weed. We plan to use him on some young Hereford females this spring. We would like to AI his daughters to the 943 bull. Do you know a source for 943 semen?

nap":32ch05n0 said:
Nice looking bull and great looking calves. As you know we have recently purchased a 943 related young bull from Richard Day. I couldn't be more delighted, he is doing great and growing like a weed. We plan to use him on some young Hereford females this spring. We would like to AI his daughters to the 943 bull. Do you know a source for 943 semen?
Steven Polledstad of North Dakota has a partnership on the 943 bull, and he has handled all the AI side of things. You can reach him at: (701)938-4648, if his number hasn't changed since this 2003 ad I'm looking at from Hereford America. If that doesn't work, Richard knows how to reach him.

I'm happy that you are pleased with your Day bull. I'm very interested in how the calves will turn out, based on the bloodlines of your heifers, but I'm predicting they'll be good. I might even be interested in looking at what you've got sometime down the road.

greenwillowhereford II":tbih12hz said:
nap":tbih12hz said:
Steven Polledstad of North Dakota has a partnership on the 943 bull, and he has handled all the AI side of things. You can reach him at: (701)938-4648, if his number hasn't changed since this 2003 ad I'm looking at from Hereford America. If that doesn't work, Richard knows how to reach him.

I'm happy that you are pleased with your Day bull. I'm very interested in how the calves will turn out, based on the bloodlines of your heifers, but I'm predicting they'll be good. I might even be interested in looking at what you've got sometime down the road.

I just talked with Steven Wednesday and yes that is the correct phone number.

Nap do you have a pic of the Day bull you got? I would very much like to see it.

JHH":3370b3y2 said:
greenwillowhereford II":3370b3y2 said:
nap":3370b3y2 said:

I just talked with Steven Wednesday and yes that is the correct phone number.

Nap do you have a pic of the Day bull you got? I would very much like to see it.

Thanks Greenwillow, I'll give Steven a call.
JHH, I don't have a picture and I'll be out of town for a few days. I'll take one when I get back and I'll send it to you.

JCarter":32g0hkt4 said:
I have mostly angus cattle look for bull to breed cows ai for heifer calfs
The Industry's Hottest Sire
Number 1 sire in the breed for registrations in 2008
Progeny are building outstanding customer satisfaction and repeat business
Big time calving ease and growth combination based on over 18,000 calves in nearly 2,000 herds
Calves are wide based, square and correct with added thickness - Ranks in the top 10 for both Muscle (+1.2) and Capacity (+2.2) on the latest GTS Evaluation with 201 progeny evaluated
Sexed semen available
AMERICAN ANGUS SIRE SUMMARY SPRING 2009 TRAIT CED BW WW YW YH SC
EPD +14 -1.3 +55 +100 -0.2 +1.75
ACC .95 .98 .97 .95 .95 .95
Individual Performance
BW 77
205 766 111 ratio
365 1,286 106 ratio
SC 40.5 12 Mo.
YFS/FS N/A
Weight 2,100 Mat.
Height 58 Mat.
Born: 2/18/01
TRAIT CEM MILK H/Dt MW MH HPG DOC
EPD +13 +24 195 +51 +0.5 +5 19
ACC .72 .79 590 .70 .70 .50 .90

TRAIT CW MARB REA FAT Grp/Pg Str B/Hfr
EPD +4 +.56 +.05 +.039 19 60 2635
ACC .58 .64 .64 .58 38 25 7654
$ VALUES
$EN $W $G $B
+0.27 +37.62 +27.07 +43.20

Calving Ease:

Carcass Merit:

1. MYTTY IN FOCUS has a Calving Ease Direct CED of +14 with a BW of -1.3 --what more could you ask for??? accuracies also in the 95-98% RANGE
OUR 2008 MYTTY CALVES AVG WEANING WEIGHTS WERE BULLS> 730 / HEIFERS 680
YEARLING WEIGHTS ON MYTTY BULLS HAVE BEEN IN THE 12'S ON FORAGE BASED MGMT

ALSO BON VIEW NEW DESIGN 1407 LEADS THE WAY IN CED ALSO

Latest posts