hereford cross

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

What is the best breed of cattle to crossbreed with herefords in the South other than Brangus or Angus?

gerts cross well with herefords & if you're looking to produce females you can't beat brahman x herefords.

What is the best breed of cattle to crossbreed with herefords in the South other than Brangus or Angus?

If you register I'm pretty sure txag would PM and show you just how good a hereford X brahman cross will look. Txag takes awesome pics of some awesome cattle! :D :cboy:

i have some questions about the tigerstripes. is that only from brahman x herefords? does it have to be brahman bull x hereford heifer or vice versa? does it have to be a red brahman? i think thats it. ive been thinking about getting a hereford heifer to breed with my red brahman bull and the tigerstripe colors interests me.

certherfbeef":2grdv3nc said:

If you register I'm pretty sure txag would PM and show you just how good a hereford X brahman cross will look. Txag takes awesome pics of some awesome cattle! :D :cboy:

:oops: aw, shucks.....thanks certherfbeef.

actually i don't have any hereford x brahman cross pics but i'm sure i could find some. i think cherokeeruby has some. i do have some hereford x brangus pics.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":z99vgr3o said:
i have some questions about the tigerstripes. is that only from brahman x herefords? does it have to be brahman bull x hereford heifer or vice versa? does it have to be a red brahman? i think thats it. ive been thinking about getting a hereford heifer to breed with my red brahman bull and the tigerstripe colors interests me.

the "true" tigerstripes are brahman x herefords. it doesn't have to be a red brahman. in fact, greys are more commonly used. there is no guarantee that you will get tigerstripes from this cross.......some will produce chocolates instead. as for hereford bull on brahman cows or vice versa......when talking about color it doesn't matter, but when talking about other factors there is a difference.

I agree with txag, Gert X Hereford females are a great choice. Out of all of the crosses with Gerts, I like this cross the best.

WOW would ya look at the butt in bward's avatar!!! :shock:

would that be a gert X simmy :?:

heh.
No he is a purebred gert bull. Its one I sold as a 2 year old and is now 4.
I thought he beefed up pretty good.... in fact I was kind of amazed at how well he turned out. I also got a side view that I will post someday.

Latest posts