Hereford Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
I like them, good cattle.

Purebred cow with 2 month old Angus calf.

P1010020.jpg

Another with a brand new Char calf.

P1010026.jpg

I like the green grass and the water puddled on top of the ground.

Just last year we were all dried up in mid June. We had 2'1 in of rain this past week. We've GOT grass. So far I'm using 1/4 of my pasture land. But, I figure we are never more than a week away from a drought, We have light soil.

We've had 3/10ths of an inch in about a month. It's awful. Crop farmers are hurting also. ........I really like the charxhereford calve in the picture. I'd like a whole heard just like it. Curious though,,,If I did have several charxherford cross cows what breed of bull would I use?

suscofa":io77nm3l said:
We've had 3/10ths of an inch in about a month. It's awful. Crop farmers are hurting also. ........I really like the charxhereford calve in the picture. I'd like a whole heard just like it. Curious though,,,If I did have several charxherford cross cows what breed of bull would I use?

I have some Hereford/Char cows and their either bred Charolais or Angus. Their char calves are white or very light tan. Bred to Angus calves are black, baldie, white, or light brown. Either way very good cattle. Hope your weather turns around soon.

mnmtranching":2kfnwwv8 said:
suscofa":2kfnwwv8 said:

I have some Hereford/Char cows and their either bred Charolais or Angus. Their char calves are white or very light tan. Bred to Angus calves are black, baldie, white, or light brown. Either way very good cattle. Hope your weather turns around soon.

You do have good looking cattle from the pics placed looks to be well managed. From the pics I saw those arethe type that make money.

Latest posts