Hereford cows

Help Support CattleToday:

ive messed with horned an polled herefords most of my life.the stck cows that i have now are all herefod X holsteins.just put a beefmaster bull on them this year.

We had angus cows (still have a few angus based in our club calf herd) and in 2000 we invested in our first Polled Herf. We found the best one (in our opinion :D ) and bought her. We felt that everyone and their dog had angus and thought we could sell a good herf bull to those buyers. We also liked the disposition a lot better (we have club calves too and they are pretty much nuts) b/c our kids are showing now. Also I can hardly look at the showring angus anymore, they all look pencil legged and too fat focusing too much on EPD's and carcass.

iowahawkeyes":6ffknkth said:
We felt that everyone and their dog had angus and thought we could sell a good herf bull to those buyers. We also liked the disposition a lot better (we have club calves too and they are pretty much nuts) b/c our kids are showing now. Also I can hardly look at the showring angus anymore, they all look pencil legged and too fat focusing too much on EPD's and carcass.

And that my friend is what will be the down fall of those black hided cattle in MY opinion.

Yes the herefords are gaining more popularity every day as people start looking at feed effeicency and longevity. JHH

Beefy":3uz3ecrd said:
herefords are boring. *YAWN*

Yes, and that's what I love about them! It's great when you want to break calves and they all lay down the first day, not try and rip a 2 x 12 off the wall.

Latest posts