Hereford cow pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Was going through some old photos and found this one, pretty handy cow I think, on her first calf (heifer)

Whiteface04042.jpg

Comment/critique/criticise if you wish :D

on my computer they looked black as can be. I still like the cow, not so much the calf.

iowahawkeyes":16a558l7 said:
on my computer they looked black as can be. I still like the cow, not so much the calf.

Cow is OK, not my type at all, but a fair specimen of that type, the calf is sub standard.

Hard to see the cow, but I think the calf is a little leggy and doesn't have much for guts. JMO. But a lot can change as she continues to grow.

Interesting comments all.

They are not mine - they come from a now dispered stud. This stud was very big in the showring for many years. They bred BIG cattle - frame score 7 and above. I showed one cow for them that didnt fit in a clipping frame or chute. Structurally sound, BIG females with LOTS of milk under them. Picture perfect cattle but I'd hate to be feeding the monsters. They were in a very good part of the country, plenty of rain and feed so they didnt have a problem with that. They had good muscle too, very thick, very wide.

The calf ended up almost the spitting image of mum, I dont have a pic of her though.

I'll try to find some more photos.

I had to look twice because they look almost black on my screen and I know you wouldn't have black herfs.. :lol2:

I thought they were very large framed, either that or munchkins were showing them. I like them, mom looks great for a heifer and the calf is very flashy , she looks a lot like a herf I have in my commercial group (who btw rasies a h@ll of a calf every year).

I would go broke trying to feed a herd of them though.. :nod:

hillsdown":2623awmu said:
I had to look twice because they look almost black on my screen and I know you wouldn't have black herfs.. :lol2:

I thought they were very large framed, either that or munchkins were showing them. I like them, mom looks great for a heifer and the calf is very flashy , she looks a lot like a herf I have in my commercial group (who btw rasies a h@ll of a calf every year).

lol. how many feet is 150cm Keren? :p

aussie_cowgirl":10lz0u7r said:
hillsdown":10lz0u7r said:

lol. how many feet is 150cm Keren? :p

150 cm's is 4.92 feet... :)

Latest posts