Hereford/Charolais cross

Help Support CattleToday:

H4 Cattle Co

Reaction score
What type calves with you get on charolais cows and hereford bull? Yellow baldy. Do they do well at the sale barn?

Orange/red calves with a white face. They probably won't get as much as black or bwf here but nothing is selling real well anyway right now..

I see a lot of them here in Tx but they dont bring as much as the black. Yellow with white face.

Yellow white faced brings as good as anything here.
A neighbor friend put a good Hereford bull on his white cows 3 years ago and has the best looking calved he has ever had.

As has been said the resulting calves will be yellow/orange white faced. I have had some of them in the past, and thought they were good looking calves. I sold a few heifers of that cross a few years ago, and I still sometimes think I should have kept them for cows. I would imagine that black hided calves would out sell them in most areas, even though the yellow calves may be as good or better comparatively.

Here is one of my Hereford Charolais cross. They sell good at the market but they make excellent momma too. I might add this one will not make a good momma. I have a friend that has a cross for his herd bull. He has some nice calves.

rdp58":2e6hvucu said:
Here is one of my Hereford Charolais cross. They sell good at the market but they make excellent momma too. I might add this one will not make a good momma. I have a friend that has a cross for his herd bull. He has some nice calves.

He will make one heck of a good steer though.

They make a nice cow. This old girl pays her way. Got several like her. All 06 models.

H4 Cattle Co":fcl54vof said:
What type calves with you get on charolais cows and hereford bull? Yellow baldy. Do they do well at the sale barn?

THE sale barn? There are lots and lots and lots of sale barns. Each local market has it's own set of preferences. If you're planning on selling your calves through your local barn, go ask those guys there. And, don't forget, the worst cattle of the preferred type/color won't sell as well as the best calves of some other type/color combination --- so take the time to try to raise good ones no matter what you pick. There are lots of people raising good Charolais and good Hereford cattle; you shouldn't have much trouble getting some good stock if that's the path you want to go down. Good luck to you.

Here's what you should see. In our area, these Tan Wf and Tan calves pretty much outsell everything else...

14364750_10209171799345677_3346174775126100026_n.jpg

14212152_10209025368564999_6954621324374282397_n.jpg

14317565_10209146654077061_7764029673523049754_n.jpg

14199262_10209025362524848_4129568016584108793_n.jpg

I have always liked the F1 black baldies as cows, but I have seen some really good Hereford/Charolais cows that are really good. They make terrific cows.

TennesseeTuxedo":3j9exyio said:
mrvictordomino":3j9exyio said:
I have always liked the F1 black baldies as cows, but I have seen some really good Hereford/Charolais cows that are really good. They make terrific cows.

Traitor.

Equal opportunity employer! :cboy:

mrvictordomino":2fme84ir said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2fme84ir said:
mrvictordomino":2fme84ir said:

Traitor.

Equal opportunity employer! :cboy:

Lol

Latest posts