hereford/charolais breed

Help Support CattleToday:

> What's the chances of charolais
> bull mating with hereford and
> having a white bull as offspring?

Very good. More often they turn out white face and off white or pink body

[email protected]

When we've had that cross it doesn't turn out so good. Most of the time you get a yellow whitefaced calf. But if you breed that cow back to a charlois bull you usually get an off-white with a whiteface. This is just what happened for us when we had some hereford cows. Just another thing the Yellow whiteface cows usually are hard keepers. I have NEVER seen one that looked good.

[email protected]

In the area I live in here those yellow off color white face cattle are some of the best sellers.I have bought a few of them from time to time and they finish very well.

[email protected]

My Dad finds that they make great mama cows too. His are 1/2 - 3/4 Red Angus, but they're still yellow whiteface. I've got a 21 month old yellow/cream whiteface heifer from his herd and I'm real pleased with her.

Ann B

> In the area I live in here those
> yellow off color white face cattle
> are some of the best sellers.I
> have bought a few of them from
> time to time and they finish very
> well.

[email protected]

I'll admit that there are some exeptions we've had but the majority for us don't do to well. It could be the area or something else too. I don't really know.

[email protected]

well, i just recently had a 1/2 hereford and 1/2 charolais, but not on purpose lol... guess thats what happens when the electric fence goes down for a week lol... but anyway it looks just like a hereford, except the red is a lighter color, and its confirmation is one of the best i've ever seen