hereford cattle,getting started

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hello,Im interested in raising cattle the best way to start,which breed are best for start out,and all other infor thank you all.

> I bought 80 acres this year and
> would like to start raising
> cattle. How do I do it? If you are in the US, your state dept of agriculture has a local rep. who can help you find the info. you need.

[email protected]

What area of country are you from? If Tx.,Fla., La.,Al.,Miss., I would want something with Brahma in them Brangus, Gerts. In further north Black Angus,Black angus X Hereford, Brangus heifers would all be a good choice..But reguardless of the cows you buy ( If you are raising for the market) use a Black Angus Bull..There is so much data on Angus bulls , anything else is hard to beat...

[email protected]

"There is
> so much data on Angus bulls ,
> anything else is hard to beat..."

I agree with this, but I don't think he meant to bash angus like I do...

> Hello,Im interested in raising
> cattle the best way to start,which
> breed are best for start out,and
> all other infor thank you all.

You need to decide how much time you have to dedicate to this, the condition of your fencing and pastures and what your goals are. These can make a difference in what you do.

[email protected]

Hi herefords are awesome cattle to start with. I did. The best why to get started is to start small. Don't rush into things. Start with about 10 good heifers maybe even 5 & build your way up

Latest posts