Hereford calf with chrome

Help Support CattleToday:

That's a nice looking calf. I would guess it had Simmi in it somewhere down the line if I saw it in a field and didn't know it's sire and dam.

Regardless of what the color pattern is that`s still a nice calf. When we had more Shorthorn influence in our herd we never knew what color pattern we might get. Really the only ones that took a big hit when we sold them as feeders was the roans and they could be the nicest calves but they sold them separate sometimes for just a little over Holstein price. We only have 3 cows now with much Shorthorn in them for that reason.

I'm sure some Simmi in there. The non traditional Hereford markings are real common in one segment of the Hereford breed. And why a person has to be careful when purchasing one or he will have a very non uniform colored set of calves along with several phenotypes.

True Grit Farms":3pu3cww1 said:
Ky hills":3pu3cww1 said:
This a commercial calf out of a purebred bull. The cow is a commercial but straight bred Hereford.

What are the bloodlines on the bull?

Here are the registration #'s of the bulls sire and dam. Sire # P44304561, Dam # P43304555

Ky hills":36cnt8v0 said:
True Grit Farms":36cnt8v0 said:
Ky hills":36cnt8v0 said:
This a commercial calf out of a purebred bull. The cow is a commercial but straight bred Hereford.

Here are the registration #'s of the bulls sire and dam. Sire # P44304561, Dam # P43304555

Thank you, it's the bull part of the equation that I'm interested in.

True Grit Farms":2ts2t5tj said:
Ky hills":2ts2t5tj said:
True Grit Farms":2ts2t5tj said:

Thank you, it's the bull part of the equation that I'm interested in.

You are welcome. That is the sire and dam #'s of the bull that the calf pictured is out of.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":ra2gpynq said:
How do you think the Hereford breed started getting all the "goggle" eyed calves??
There was something hiding in the wood pile.

+1

I have long heard rumors a long time ago they mixed in Sims with Herefords. Never seen proof just people talking. That is not the first Hereford I have seen with those chrome markings.

Latest posts