Hereford bully

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, he is a good looking Hereford bull. If he is registered, then he will probably bring enough to buy a registered Brangus, or close to it. 300 cows total then yeah..you won;t need but one bull. I do hope you don't sell Bessie ( unless it is to me). she has already earned the right to retire there, and be humanely put down when the time comes. How far apart are these 2 places?
Bessie will never leave. Even if she gives me a purple calf with green polka dots every other year! 🤣 🤣 🤣
Shes been talked into raising 3 again!
Didn't take much persuasion.

Big Sexy is registered, tho not thru me.

Only about 7 miles. Less as the crow flies...

Brought ol Big Sexy home today!
He's gained 150lbs since dropping him off at the other place in December. Just a touch over 1800lbs now.

Who's gonna be First!!
20220528_102732.jpg20220528_102916.jpg20220528_104057.jpg
Right to work! He don't waste any time.
I've got a few yet to calve. Over half are ready to breed. Gonna hope the ones that calve soon, move up a month or so. Fingers crossed 🤞

Murray, I know I am going to catch @#$%^& for asking this, but did you check the bite on your new calf? The lower lip looks a bit too far forward and the muzzle is slanted a bit upward, suggesting a slight underbite. That can only be told by lifting the lips and checking to see if the lower incisors are in front of the anterior of the dental pad.

Calving season has officially begun!
Remember Blue? Red and Blue I bought as pairs and sold the calves then sold the bred cows to my neighbor.
Blue had hers today. Ol Big Sexy got right with it. Put him over there Christmas or Christmas eve. Calf is a touch early. Betting its a heifer!
20220924_190615.jpg20220924_192346.jpg
And look at how BIG Bessies first born is!
She will be with a bull soon..

Fall Calving season is on!
2nd calf, but first at my place. Blue belongs to someone else now.
Appeared to be a heifer calf. They new mama I got a couple weeks ago still don't come in the pen for feed. She took the calf and they ran off together. So no tag for her yet. This mama was born and raised at my home place. She fed her face then went and found her calf...
20221008_164820.jpg

Steady as she goes. Here's a slightly better pic of the first one at my place.
20221012_185230.jpg
Shirley had hers this evening. This cow has gotta be pushing 1700lbs pretty easy. Calf intrigues me. Her first calf she was bred to a son of total recall. Solid dark grey calf. Second calf she was bred to ol Dan Tucker. Silver white face. Then Big Sexy came along. Her last calf was not as light colored as her, but not as red as Big Sexy either. This calf appears solid deep dark red. NO WHITE
20221012_185430.jpg20221012_185440.jpg
O yeah. Ethel, one i sold a friend, had hers last night sometime. Red white face.
I'll get a pic later just because. Pretty red baldy. Solid white face.

Steady as she goes. Here's a slightly better pic of the first one at my place.
View attachment 21994
Shirley had hers this evening. This cow has gotta be pushing 1700lbs pretty easy. Calf intrigues me. Her first calf she was bred to a son of total recall. Solid dark grey calf. Second calf she was bred to ol Dan Tucker. Silver white face. Then Big Sexy came along. Her last calf was not as light colored as her, but not as red as Big Sexy either. This calf appears solid deep dark red. NO WHITE
View attachment 21995View attachment 21996
O yeah. Ethel, one i sold a friend, had hers last night sometime. Red white face.
I'll get a pic later just because. Pretty red baldy. Solid white face.
I LIKE that cow!!!

I LIKE that cow!!!
She is a big ol girl!
Wide, deep and fat all the time. O yeah, and a bucket o milk too

I've had her for 4 calves now. I think I got her when she didn't breed back in time for the last owner 2 Years in a row. She's done great for me.

I'd like her better if she were red or black.

@Travlr editing to ad pics of when I first got her...
She looked young, looking back on these pics. Funny story. Wife and I got married then went to pick these 4 up about 2 hours away. What a honeymoon!!!!
October 2018...
Snow pic is 2019
Screenshot_20221012-202415_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221012-202352_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221012-202226_Gallery.jpg
And yet another edit...
This Bertha. She's standing next to the yeller cow, Shirley, in the first pic. I remember Bertha weighing just over 1500lbs then at the vets scale. Shirley is now much LARGER than Bertha. Still got her too. She will be along here shortly. I still have that skinny cow above as well. I call her skinny girl. Noassatall..

Big Bertha
bred to Big Sexy, be along shortly..
(anyone remember where else they've seen Bertha?)
hint.. it's a long thread of mine

This alley is 9ft wide yall!!
Screenshot_20221012-203057_Gallery.jpg
O. I gave 650 per hd for these in 2018
How's that for a blast from the past?

Last edited:
Here's a "slightly" better pic of the Red bull calf. He does have a dot of white on his belly by his tallywhacker. And one small dot under his chin. He's a pretty sturdy calf really. Not as big as the experimental shorthorns calf. But still pretty good.
20221019_191054.jpg20221019_190945.jpg
Got a heifer out of my Hereford cow today too! Her last one was a bull calf. By Big Sexy of coarse. She's not as thick. But a pretty decent average calf. Good size for a heifer, considering the cow shes out of.
20221019_191232.jpg20221019_191230.jpg20221019_191105.jpg

The diluter gene is totally separate from all other genes. The white "spots" are yet another gene. The diluter gene is dominant in black cattle (it WILL be expressed) and it's recessive in red cattle. Harder to eliminate in red cattle unless you DNA test. If you have a tru black animal, it does NOT carry the diluter gene.

Latest posts