Hereford Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

I think it just means the bulls had some Canadian background....as does most of Deshazers cow herd.

Could have been the tester..... :shock:

Depending on when he needs them, there are several consignment sales happening in Texas in early spring. He might be able to pick some polled and horned up that way. There is an all breed sale in October (where there are Herefords too), but I'm sure he doesn't want to wait that long. Did he consider Dudley Herefords?..........or George? ;-)

1848":2kheggn1 said:
Could have been the tester..... :shock:

Exactly, he could take a semen sample and his opinion of acceptable quality might be entirely different from everybody else looking under the microscope.....or he could have contaminated all of his slides with some cleanser......or he just didn't like their feet and legs structure. Unless I just had a real close real long relationship with this vet, I would retest the whole set. Also IF these are NEW bulls, why is the seller whether he is in Canada or not honoring the breeding guarantee????? Worst case scenario is they have some kind of shipping fever (any fever will kill the heck out of sperm).........best case scenario is inept vet.

Tap ...tap....tap

I think he is have to make a phone call......... :lol:

THG":3485lupn said:
redfornow":3485lupn said:
Just for fun what are your top ten breeders?
curious who you pick?
Top Ten Breeders in just the US or Canada as well?

THG

Just overall will do.
Also since you are listing what are your bottom five. Just interested in who you throw out there.

TheBullLady":3e8oudwq said:
Since this seems to be becoming the "Hereford Board"...

The last few posts is why I hope it is not becoming the "Hereford" board. Some, like me, are missing a lot of good info because of the on going BS from some of the same guys.

Alan.. the Hereford breeder. :cboy:

bgm":y2znm0wc said:
THG":y2znm0wc said:
Brandonm2":y2znm0wc said:
Five bulls all failed a Breeding Soundness Exam?????? I agree with Knersie retest in 30 days (and I would throw the groceries at them) with a different vet.........and keep them in quarantine away from everything as much as humanly possible.
:cboy:

THG

If I'm reading it correctly, they had tried DeShazer bulls in the past and this time bought some out of Canada.

To answer the question at hand, I think it'd be unlikely all 5 bulls would be unsound as well, unless there was a reason they were sold that far from home.

I don't know about sellers in TX, but I'd suggest Gregory Polled Herefords in Houstonia MO. They have great stock. Reasonable priced and are just great folks to deal with.

Alan":3kz14fj4 said:
TheBullLady":3kz14fj4 said:

The last few posts is why I hope it is not becoming the "Hereford" board. Some, like me, are missing a lot of good info because of the on going BS from some of the same guys.

Alan..
fa2e8d6b.gif
the Hereford breeder

Herefords.US":2qa4dedk said:
Alan":2qa4dedk said:
TheBullLady":2qa4dedk said:

Alan..
fa2e8d6b.gif
the Hereford breeder

Nice reply George :roll: , the guy I had a bit of repect for has turned into a total jacka$$. You guys go a head a look like little kids, comparing the best this and this best that. Don't worry about providing real info or wanting to learn more valuable things about Herefords to improve their standing in the beef industry. Who gives a rats a$$ about which bull contributed the most, they all offered the breed a great deal. I know I don't have to read the post, but by the mere fact that I'm known on the boards as a Hereford breeder ties me into this garbage that has been posted by three of you guys. I won't point the fingers yet, like you did with Caustic, for whatever that proved or did. :mad:

Now, I have responded to your attack and this may be a good time to move on.... I hope it is.

You know how I feel and I now know your thoughts of me.
Alan

Alan":depfpqdu said:
Herefords.US":depfpqdu said:
Alan":depfpqdu said:
TheBullLady":depfpqdu said:

Alan..
fa2e8d6b.gif
the Hereford breeder

Nice reply George :roll: , the guy I had a bit of repect for has turned into a total jacka$$. You guys go a head a look like little kids, comparing the best this and this best that. Don't worry about providing real info or wanting to learn more valuable things about Herefords to improve their standing in the beef industry. Who gives a rats a$$ about which bull contributed the most, they all offered the breed a great deal. I know I don't have to read the post, but by the mere fact that I'm known on the boards as a Hereford breeder ties me into this garbage that has been posted by three of you guys. I won't point the fingers yet, like you did with Caustic, for whatever that proved or did. :mad:

Now, I have responded to your attack and this may be a good time to move on.... I hope it is.

You know how I feel and I now know your thoughts of me.
Alan
fa2e8d6b.gif
the Hereford breeder
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts