Hereford Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefords.US":1x2tnctk said:
Alan":1x2tnctk said:
Herefords.US":1x2tnctk said:
Alan":1x2tnctk said:
TheBullLady":1x2tnctk said:
Since this seems to be becoming the "Hereford Board"...

The last few posts is why I hope it is not becoming the "Hereford" board. Some, like me, are missing a lot of good info because of the on going BS from some of the same guys.

Alan..
fa2e8d6b.gif
the Hereford breeder

Nice reply George :roll: , the guy I had a bit of repect for has turned into a total jacka$$. You guys go a head a look like little kids, comparing the best this and this best that. Don't worry about providing real info or wanting to learn more valuable things about Herefords to improve their standing in the beef industry. Who gives a rats a$$ about which bull contributed the most, they all offered the breed a great deal. I know I don't have to read the post, but by the mere fact that I'm known on the boards as a Hereford breeder ties me into this garbage that has been posted by three of you guys. I won't point the fingers yet, like you did with Caustic, for whatever that proved or did. :mad:

Now, I have responded to your attack and this may be a good time to move on.... I hope it is.

You know how I feel and I now know your thoughts of me.
Alan
fa2e8d6b.gif
the Hereford breeder
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I must have lost my sense of humour, but I don't find it nearly as funny.

(PS. feel free to add a cry baby emoticon to my post if that would make you feel more of a man)

In the words of a cajun..........

"dat is some funny $h_t dare" :lol: :lol: :lol:

To answer the question, I think some of the phenotype selection has to do with the change in market demands, and what type animal is more functional for a given geographical area or management program. Show cattle will reflect those trends, no matter what breed, and it will sooner or later be incorparated into the judging of breeds. Through advertising, this this becomes norm, and then we loose some of the traits which made the breed great.

As much as the Hereford was and is a stand alone breed, the traditional short, heavy, hairy, backfatted animal is not always the ideal animal for every situation. In an effort to meet commercial cattlemans needs a little leg, shorter hair and a different front end (probably for less waste and as a fix for calving issues in a cross bred situation) have been incorporated.

That is the one thing I admire about the horned side of the breed when it comes to advertising....they seem to still value the commercial side a little more and don't just rely on a good show photo. Not saying there isn't allot of super polled animals out there, it's just the way they are advertised and marketed.

Alan,...words of advice....when it says Hereford....don't click on it! ;-)

Ooops! :oops: This answer should have gone on another thread about Hereford Phenotype

1848":2upb7zm0 said:
In the words of a cajun..........

"dat is some funny $h_t dare" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan,...words of advice....when it says Hereford....don't click on it! ;-)

I'm glad everyone hasn't lost their sense of humor! :lol: :lol: :lol:

George

Still not seeing the humor in your post George.... maybe you can explain to me what is funny about your words to me?

Alan

The only thing I can think of now Bull Lady is if he wants to get rid of those bulls he should. Sounds like there are a good amount of hereford breeders in his area. Maybe he should check them out and see which one has what he wants and is in his price range.
I wish him luck.

Brandonm2":2acslu6r said:
1848":2acslu6r said:
Tap ...tap....tap

I think he is have to make a phone call......... :lol:

Is YOUR phone ringing???

When I answered... "Yes Matt....what is it this time?"

He hung up! :shock: :lol:

He might wantto go check out Metch Polled Herefords in Canton TX. Don is a small breeder who emphasizes production. He has good uddered cows (was a dairyman in earlier life). Call him at (903) 848-8614.

I can add one to myself...

Christian the future
fa2e8d6b.gif
hereford breeder :roll: :roll: :roll:

Alan":2g77b39o said:
Herefords.US":2g77b39o said:
Alan":2g77b39o said:
TheBullLady":2g77b39o said:
Since this seems to be becoming the "Hereford Board"...

The last few posts is why I hope it is not becoming the "Hereford" board. Some, like me, are missing a lot of good info because of the on going BS from some of the same guys.

Alan..
fa2e8d6b.gif
the Hereford breeder

Nice reply George :roll: , the guy I had a bit of repect for has turned into a total jacka$$. You guys go a head a look like little kids, comparing the best this and this best that. Don't worry about providing real info or wanting to learn more valuable things about Herefords to improve their standing in the beef industry. Who gives a rats a$$ about which bull contributed the most, they all offered the breed a great deal. I know I don't have to read the post, but by the mere fact that I'm known on the boards as a Hereford breeder ties me into this garbage that has been posted by three of you guys. I won't point the fingers yet, like you did with Caustic, for whatever that proved or did. :mad:

Now, I have responded to your attack and this may be a good time to move on.... I hope it is.

You know how I feel and I now know your thoughts of me.
Alan
Alan you are right. we seem to get cought up in trends and fads and sometime take offence when one questions our opnion. After all that is what this board is about. If one wants to study the future There is something good that every bull has to offer. I asked my father just a couple of days ago what do you think would happen if we bred some power house cows of today to bulls of the past like Quester 604M, WSF Mainstream, BT CL Domino 15G, WSF PRL JUSTA BANNER , JR NICK THE BUTTLER and so on what do you think?

leeshy":253er9n0 said:
Alan you are right. we seem to get cought up in trends and fads and sometime take offence when one questions our opnion. After all that is what this board is about. If one wants to study the future There is something good that every bull has to offer. I asked my father just a couple of days ago what do you think would happen if we bred some power house cows of today to bulls of the past like Quester 604M, WSF Mainstream, BT CL Domino 15G, WSF PRL JUSTA BANNER , JR NICK THE BUTTLER and so on what do you think?

I'm also interested in others thought on this, so as not to hijack this thread, I'll start a new thread.

Alan

I suggested he haul them to A & M.. which he did last week. And they all tested the exact same way down there. Very strange.. and no, they were not in poor condition. The seller is doing some sidestepping now.. not wanting to give him back his $$. He even went so far as to say "I can't believe what incompetent vet you took them too.. blah blah.". He was pretty surprised when he found out where they had gone! Hard to argue with those test results.

Thanks for all of the VALID replies, by the way! Just trying to help out a friend.. with a thick skull. I was the one that had him go to DeShazers initially! He sure had some nice ones a few years back.. but I told him not to buy the Denver bulls, as they had been on feed and I knew they wouldn't look like that for long at his place!

I buy Brahman cows for him.. but I can't agree on what he's looking for in Herefords.. so I'll help him find what he wants. Yearlings won't work for him.. he won't take care of them. He needs at least 2 year olds.

I'm going to check out all the suggestions.. and thanks everyone!

TheBullLady":1ylakpyi said:
I suggested he haul them to A & M.. which he did last week. And they all tested the exact same way down there. Very strange.. and no, they were not in poor condition. The seller is doing some sidestepping now.. not wanting to give him back his $$. He even went so far as to say "I can't believe what incompetent vet you took them too.. blah blah.". He was pretty surprised when he found out where they had gone! Hard to argue with those test results.

Wow!

How disappointing. Hopefully the seller will do what is right. I wonder if our new President (Hank) knows.... :eek:

1848":3hllfyvo said:
TheBullLady":3hllfyvo said:

Wow!

How disappointing. Hopefully the seller will do what is right. I wonder if our new President (Hank) knows.... :eek:

Did the bulls that failed the BSE come from DeShazers? I thought they were from canada? :?: That WOULD be a shame if the Pres.'s bulls were that bad.............