Hereford Bull what do you think

Help Support CattleToday:

George Monk

Reaction score
I have enjoyed looking at all the pictures of peoples critters so here is our horned hereford herd bull. 2 yr old in april.
IMG_1922.jpg

Pretty nice. I'd like to see him with a little more in the rear quarter, but he's not bad at all. What's his breeding? What's he weigh?

I like him. He has a nice front end, great extension from his shoulder and really good rib shape and capacity. He is a little light in the rear, but appears to have good topline and overall thickness. What is the breeding and where did you get him?

Tom

Looks good for a two year old, has got a great looking haircoat considering all the snow in the background.

That is a good looking bull you got there. Is he a registered bull ?

cowboyup,

how much deeper would you want a bull? He could have been sllightly longer, but for me he is deep enough

preston39":1x36i7tb said:
GM...,

If you are keeping him I would get tip weights on those horns. Take them down a little more.

He is only 2. They will come down enough on their own. Too much weight for too long will turn them into his jaw and cause more problems.

There's a lot of things to like about this young bull , nice shoulder, good length, enough capacity considering his age. Mayby its just the picture but those back legs would frighten me.
How many cows would he be servicing in a season ?

Goddy

George,

I there any chance of getting a photo with his hindlegs in a similar pose to that of the black bull in the background?

I don't think he is posty, he is just stretching his hind left leg, but a photo as described above would clear that up.

KNERSIE":3k3kgag8 said:
George,

I there any chance of getting a photo with his hindlegs in a similar pose to that of the black bull in the background?

I don't think he is posty, he is just stretching his hind left leg, but a photo as described above would clear that up.

I agree, I think he is just stretched out a bit, I also think his hip is there just stretched out and a young bull. Plenty deep and over all a nice bull.

Alan

here are a couple more pictures.
cowboy the picture is not doing his feet and legs justice. he is an easy flowing bull that was the one of the deciding factors when we chose him and not others. I would agree his rear is a shallow. I looked at a picture when he was younger and he didn't appear so shallow. He has plenty of frame though. My son is 6'+. This bull is going to have plenty of frame. Again the picture is probably miss leading. I included the picture of his horns so you could see how the producer cuts their horns. I think they learned this on a trip to Australia.
DSCN3196.JPG

IMG_1929.jpg

George,

Could it be that the bull is just longer muscled and that his hindquarter will fill out with maturity. Was his horns cut that way to slope them forward? Its the first time I've seen them cut so short.

George Monk":23h2slfo said:
here are a couple more pictures.
cowboy the picture is not doing his feet and legs justice. he is an easy flowing bull that was the one of the deciding factors when we chose him and not others. I would agree his rear is a shallow. I looked at a picture when he was younger and he didn't appear so shallow. He has plenty of frame though. My son is 6'+. This bull is going to have plenty of frame. Again the picture is probably miss leading. I included the picture of his horns so you could see how the producer cuts their horns. I think they learned this on a trip to Australia.
DSCN3196.JPG

IMG_1929.jpg
they cut them at a angle to get the same results as the weights would give to grow downward

Latest posts