hereford bull update

Help Support CattleToday:

sporder

Reaction score
posted this pic of one of my bull calves a month ago aged 6 mo.
Picture575.jpg

he is now 7 mo and weaned. any thoughts advice welcomed.
Picture960.jpg
Picture961.jpg
Picture964.jpg

i'd take him. what does he weigh? his back feet look like they set alittle under him but thats only me and maybe its the mudd on them.

he is 1 fine looking bull calf thats for sure.looks like he will make a herd bull.

sporder":bx4cc27m said:
there is a month between pics. here is a link to pedigree and date of birth which proves he is 7 mo.
http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=5E5D505E

Also , I'm not doubting you on his age ,But you can put down anything for a birthdate when you register a calf. It has been going on for YEARS. been there, seen that ...........

Since you asked, twice, I'll bite. It is hard to tell from a picture, but it depends what you are going to use him for. I think he may make a nice bull to use on some commercial cows. If he is going into the purebred registered market I would like to see some more depth and thickness to his hind quarters, a little more body lenght, and a more youthful look about his head and front end at this age (lack of indicates too early maturity and slow yearling growth). As an overall package he is a good calf. Just my honest opinion.

i dont intend to use him in my herd. as i have said before i am in the early years of breeding with much to learn. he is the best 7 mo bull calf i have had to date so post these pics to get feed back from those with more experiance. i dont post the pics expecting everyone to pat me on the back and say well done. its the things that are not obvious to me that others can point out.

TennesseeTuxedo":1avxrcq7 said:
PM KNERSIE with your pics. He seems to be the Hereford king on this board. He will give you a fair assessment and tell it like it is.

save your breath, He won't like cause he did not breed it!

Red Bull Breeder":t6nebvje said:
Knersie is fairly good judge of cattle. Don't no if you are or not scroote.

I absolutely agree with you. Still does not change my statement. Easy with the man-crush, others have been hurt here before.

Latest posts