Hereford Bull To Critique

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefords.US

Reaction score
DoublebredDiesel.jpg

Approximately 16 months old.

Whata Ya' Think?

George

If i really need to try to find something negative to point out, he could have been a touch longer and softer muscled. Hard to believe he is just 16 months old, he looks more mature and his cannon bone suggests a medium maturing type rather than a very short early maturing type.

Looks like a good bull to me; he has conformation and muscle. His hock looks a little strange, are there more pictures of him?

ANAZAZI":2m6v3xgv said:
Looks like a good bull to me; he has conformation and muscle. His hock looks a little strange, are there more pictures of him?

Sorry, only picture I have. Here are a couple more that are bred the same way:

DoublebredDiesel2.jpg

DoblebredDiesel3.jpg

They're about a month older than the first bull....and polled!

George

Hard for me to find a fault with the top bull. The other two not so much.

I'd like to see the front and back view on that top bull.

Is he a son of your new bull?

They look pretty good. I like the top one the best of the three bulls. And he is polled? Got a pedigree on him?

WichitaLineMan":140m40m2 said:
Hard for me to find a fault with the top bull. The other two not so much.

I'd like to see the front and back view on that top bull.

Is he a son of your new bull?

The B&W photos are all double bred grandsons by the Remedy bull, WLM.

The footnote in the sale catalog on the first one is:

"One of the stoutest we've produced."

George

From the video he always seems to stop walking in a good pose position. Must mean that he is naturally, generally made correct.

Funny, I see those pictures and oh and ah like everybody (I guess) then when I see the video, my first thought is I have calves just as good or better. (Too bad two of the good uns trace back to that bad uddered cow we have talked about a few times).

WichitaLineMan":1rkpltux said:
Funny, I see those pictures and oh and ah like everybody (I guess) then when I see the video, my first thought is I have calves just as good or better. (Too bad two of the good uns trace back to that bad uddered cow we have talked about a few times).

I know what you mean. When I go look at my cows, sometimes I think I have some out there as good or better, but when I take pictures and then look at the pictures, they always don't seem to show what I see in the pasture. Some of that "barn blindness" I've been talking about - or I'm just a poor photographer.

They're really high on that young calf in the video. When I first looked at the videos, I actually liked his full brother better. But I have a natural tendency to like 'em a little loftier and leaner than they really need to be, so I have to fight against that all the time.

Here is a link to the video of the full brother:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0PKrOzTls

George

Latest posts