Hereford bull Embracer AD ?

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any info, or have any experience with the hereford bull Embracer AD? A hereford breeder close to me has 4 bull calves out of him, and was curious if anyone might have any info. Thanks in advance!

cypressfarms":gvnjefge said:
Has anyone heard any info, or have any experience with the hereford bull Embracer AD? A hereford breeder close to me has 4 bull calves out of him, and was curious if anyone might have any info. Thanks in advance!

Are you sure its AD and not 8E?

Let's hope it's 8E. He's the sire of Online and Embracer 8006. Those calves could have real sire potential.

alacattleman":xw4d6qv6 said:
cypressfarms":xw4d6qv6 said:
Maybe it is 8E. The woman was talking so fast , I could barely keep up with her....
not a southern gal i take it :p

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Good one! No, she's a southern gal, but she's really proud of her stock, which is fine I guess. She must have rattled off 6 or 8 names to me, trying to show me how good the bloodlines are, unfortunately I'm not real experienced with hereford a.i. sires - so it was kind of wasted on me. This lady has 4 bull calves a.i. sired by Embracer. She raises show/seedstock herefords. All four are not weaned yet, but will be late July. She wants $800. I'll wait and see the pics and epd's when she e-mails them to me. I was close to buying a charolais, but it fell through.

Alacattleman, by the way, if she were cajun you'd have a problem with her talking - cajuns can't talk without moving their hands/arms, so phone conversations just aren't the same. Yes, I do the same thing. :)

While I like 8006, I can't say that his sire impresses me too much.

remitall8e.jpg

I have several 8E daughters who have performed well. Their bull calves are always heavier as steers at weaning than most any others. Funny thing is, they are most always disappointing when they are very young, but they just seem to go into overdrive at 300-400 pounds and keep it going through slaughter.

alacattleman":w7h5803c said:
CPL":w7h5803c said:
While I like 8006, I can't say that his sire impresses me too much.

remitall8e.jpg
i agree.. alot of long bones there

That is the problem with "performance sires", they need a lot of groceries to perform. Unless you can somehow get a premium for soupbones and shinmeat.

Latest posts