Hereford Bull Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

CMAHerefords":npct88w2 said:
We plan on showing him at the Wisconsin State Fair

We are trying to sell him but if we dont we will use him as clean up on our heifers and horned cows.
We are VERY excited about this guys future. We will probably collect him and try and market some semen out of him.

Let me get this straight, you want other folks to buy his semen and use it, but he is only good enough for clean up duty on your herd? Sound a bit hypocritical to me.

Doesn't anyone else here get a little sick and tired of this big con game we call cattle breeding?

He's 10 months old and you're able to collect him already?

What's his weight & frame size?

Would someone please tell my why would a person collect a 10 month old calf? And then charge the same price as a bull that has calves on the ground and proven himself?

confused-8.gif

chippie":gfwrrhts said:
Would someone please tell my why would a person collect a 10 month old calf? And then charge the same price as a bull that has calves on the ground and proven himself?

confused-8.gif

I think this young calf has promise, but I agree with you on the price! The new 2013 AI book was just put out by the AHA and there's quite a number of bulls in there that are unrealistically priced on both their semen/certs when compared to the proven bulls that the big semen companies are selling.

George

Latest posts