Hereford bull and daughter

Help Support CattleToday:

OLF

Reaction score
Here is my three year old calving ease bull. He's a 774 son and maternal brother to ABS bull Proficient. Also, a couple pics of one of his yearling daughters. She doesn't pose as well as her sire.
S687c4.jpg

S687c3.jpg

S687c2.jpg

S687c1.jpg

819Uc1.jpg

819Uc2.jpg

I like this bull and I like his brother even more, and the girl seems nice under all that hair!

He looks like a pretty useful bull. He's got some good things about him, probably could have brought those together into a smoother, better balanced package though. Did you buy him from Ellis Farms? Are you using him on registered cows? The heifer looks nice, do you know her maternal genetics? If she's registered, do you know of a bull your going to breed her to?

CPL":2wgj5wm6 said:
He looks like a pretty useful bull. He's got some good things about him, probably could have brought those together into a smoother, better balanced package though. Did you buy him from Ellis Farms? Are you using him on registered cows? The heifer looks nice, do you know her maternal genetics? If she's registered, do you know of a bull your going to breed her to?

Yes, I bought him at Ellis' 2007 sale. I am using him on registered cows. We had just five calves from him last year, but he has about twenty calves on the ground this year. He works well as a good all around clean up bull after AI. He adds good carcass traits, moderates the frame of some of my larger cows and I haven't had to assist any of his calves except for a tangled up set of twins.

Here is the heifers dam.
HUTH Pauline P008 {DOD}

P008c1.jpg

The heifer is OLF Pauline S687 819U.
I usually breed my heifers to Progress, but I don't want to double up the 774. I think she will be bred to the Dale Stith bull, NJB 218 Easy Domino ET.

alacattleman":2jfcqwaz said:
ANAZAZI":2jfcqwaz said:
I like this bull and I like his brother even more, and the girl seems nice under all that hair!
what... again with the herefords :lol:

Is there anything else? :tiphat:

Anazazi and bigbull, Thanks, we like him and expect good things from the heifer and her dam.

I really like the bull and the heifer and I really don't care for the looks of the cow, but if she is sound and fertile and you breed her to a bull with substance she can earn her keep.

Latest posts