Hereford Breeders

Help Support CattleToday:

LFF

Reaction score
Hello ,

I have a question for you Hereford Breeders about Sire selection. There are Three bull that I am looking at semen use for my herd. They are KCF BENNETT 308 M326 (42361822) , HUTH PROSPECTOR N065 (42409394) , ansd FELTONS DOMINO 774 (23864055). I am concern about the Feltons bull because of certain tales of inpure breeding and would like imput on the sires that I have listed. I am looking at carcass traits considerably above average and want to be careful to keep my breeding pure to attract Hereford breeders in my area to sell seedstock to. Any and all imput will be appreciated.

I have never heard any credible tales of impurity in Feltons. I have great respect for the bloodline, and as I understand it, Mr. Felton was a very respected breeder. I like what I am seeing, hearing, and reading from Knoll Crest Farm and their bulls. I would presume that the Prospector name originally came from CSU, probably Huth's own strand of it. Huth is well regarded, and I greatly admire his bull they call "Tank." I believe Huth uses a lot of Feltons as well.

Feltons 517 is the best known Feltons bull, and he is in the pedigree of many of the best carcass bulls out there, including some of the KCF bulls.
Campground has nice looking Braxton Giants that he has great success with, and I'm starting to see the BG name show up in some major circles, such as the pedigree of Gerber Chromaid, if I am not mistaken on the name. I like LLL of Tennessee as well.

We crossbreed so we're not "Hereford breeders", but we've had great success with several sons of 517. If anything they tend to put on too much external fat even on just pasture. We used a good deal of 744 this year but the calves won;t start hitting the ground for another month or so.

dun

I have great respect for the bloodline, and as I understand it, Mr. Felton was a very respected breeder. :D

I too like Feltons bloodline and Mr. Felton is well respected. The only problem with any of the Felton bloodlines in the ones that trace back to the titan 23D bull. :eek: I have heard that there was many questions about titan's bloodline. :shock: The 774 bull does trace back to titan , but if everyone accepts 774 as pure then I believe that he is the all time herd improver. :) :D

I like what I am seeing, hearing, and reading from Knoll Crest Farm and their bulls.

Me too. :D :D

Feltons 517 is the best known Feltons bull, and he is in the pedigree of many of the best carcass bulls out there, including some of the KCF bulls.

I have a cow and heifer from the 517 bloodline and I like them better than any others that I have. :D

I went to the LLL production sale this year and they too have nice bulls , CMF also sells at the LLL sale and I did buy one of their bulls, CMF 593L Gold 734N (42476942). I like him but he does not offer enough carcass improvements that will move my Felton bloodline foward.
:roll:

Does anyone by any chance have any semen from KCF Bennett 517 E153? I've tried all the usual sources and it's been gone for a couple of years. The folks at KCF had told me I'ld like H119 better then E153. We have a H119 heifer but I really like the E153 cow that we kept and wish we would have kept more. So far it's just a gut feeling, but I likee the E153 steers better too then the ones from H119.

dun

Latest posts