hereferd cattle price.....need advice

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":fqyn3cve said:
Isomade":fqyn3cve said:
bigbull338":fqyn3cve said:
the cows are worth $800 to $900 a pair.an they might bring more at the sale barn but who knows.
That would have to be some sorry a$$ cows to bring 800-900 a pair right now.
another one to add to the top 100 dumb things he has said this week

a 650lb calf will bring around $900 but a cow/calf pair is only worth $8-$900 :bang: :bang:
well if your figures are correct then i lost a $2000 6 month old bull calf last week.

moloss":3os9atwb said:
I've come across a gentleman who is selling out all his cows....he has 3 6 yr old cows and 4 calves (1 set of twins) all hereferd.....I don't know anything about hereferds and was wanting some advice.....at today's prices do hereferds bring as much as black cattle? the cows have breed back every time (1st breed when they were 2 and have been on his farm since then) and to be honest look better than the angus cross cattle at the same farm.....the calves are running 300-400#'s and the bull is on site so they are probably breed back....I don't have any pics but I've been over several times and the cows are friendly and don't spoke and with a bucket they follow you around.....I'm planning on a black brangus bull for my cows and thought this might be a way to start some black baldies

Good plan, buy them all. :cboy: My Simi and shorthorn cross cows raise a bigger calf but the Herefords make more profit.
I bought a small herd of Hereford cows/heifers in 2009 and then kept back 5 top cut bwf heifers from them last fall. The horned ones were about $250 behind the blacks and the polled ones were about $200 behind the blacks. This year there is more demand so the Hereford cow discount is less. More like $100 to $150 here.

bigbull338":3jtpijde said:
Angus Cowman":3jtpijde said:
Isomade":3jtpijde said:
That would have to be some sorry a$$ cows to bring 800-900 a pair right now.
another one to add to the top 100 dumb things he has said this week

a 650lb calf will bring around $900 but a cow/calf pair is only worth $8-$900 :bang: :bang:
well if your figures are correct then i lost a $2000 6 month old bull calf last week.
Don't see how my figures make your 6 month old bull calf worth $2000
Oh I forgot you are a big time Beefmaster breeder and he was Reg and would make a High dollar Reg breeding bull just because he has papers and Nuts :bs:

Latest posts