Here ya go

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
When did it become my responsibility to support you, your child and pay for your childs day care and your education ?
I'm not the one who made the decisions to have a child without the means to support a child, so how is it I have to pay for your lack of judgement
They seem to think the money they receive just appears from out of thin air

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-ne ... /#53160856

Here's my stance. If you require government help then it should be available. There should be random drug tests throughout the year and the first time you fail, you are no longer eligible for assistance unless you have a valid prescription for that drug. If you or your significant other becomes pregnant while you are receiving assistance, your assistance is revoked. This part may seem a little harsh but you know you can't afford it, you know how to prevent it, so I don't see the problem. I believe if you get the dope heads and baby factories out of the government assistance programs, you can save a lot of money and hopefully convince some people to earn their own like the rest of us have to. This is not saying that there aren't any honest people receiving assistance. I hope most of them are. However, I also know that there are a lot that will take advantage any way they can. Pick it apart f you want to :welcome:

My take: If I have to support your children then send them to me and I'll raise them as I see fit. You don't like that? Then support your own children, and keep track who the 'baby daddy' is so he can support them too. Oh, and about your 'choice', your 'choice' should only affect your life, not the new life you started with 'baby daddy number 9'

How soon will this thread be locked?

Chris H":36tes473 said:
My take: If I have to support your children then send them to me and I'll raise them as I see fit. You don't like that? Then support your own children, and keep track who the 'baby daddy' is so he can support them too. Oh, and about your 'choice', your 'choice' should only affect your life, not the new life you started with 'baby daddy number 9'

She said since the government shut down she may have to quit school and get a job
I know lots of folks that had a family, had a job and went to school and didn't get a bit of help from the government.
This is the mentality of these people.
They want and expect the government to take care of and pay for everything and never a thought of where the government gets the money they receive
Even after it is explained to them that it's working people tax dollars, they don't care they just expect it.

Amen to all of that I have to be drug tested to work, thus pay tax ,thus they get a check . So I gotta pass a drug test so they can get a check, why don't they have to???? :x

cross_7":1ic80rr1 said:
Chris H":1ic80rr1 said:

She said since the government shut down she may have to quit school and get a job
I know lots of folks that had a family, had a job and went to school and didn't get a bit of help from the government.
This is the mentality of these people.
They want and expect the government to take care of and pay for everything and never a thought of where the government gets the money they receive
Even after it is explained to them that it's working people tax dollars, they don't care they just expect it.

I am one of those families. After we were married about 2 years, my wife decided she wanted to go back to school. I had to find a better paying job and work my arse off for three years. She had to take a job scrubbing people's toilets when she could, but we made it without gov't help and we are both DAM PROUD of that!

Chris H":7wns089q said:

Hopefully not before I bump this one up. :clap:

Cross -7, Chris H., thendrix , gonzo, cow pollinater.........you all are the few who think like me!!!!!
Your comments reassure me that there is hope for us all, and that I am NOT a whack- job,tight-wad with a line of thinking that is wrong!

cross_7":1jlzhy77 said:
When did it become my responsibility to support you, your child and pay for your childs day care and your education ?
I'm not the one who made the decisions to have a child without the means to support a child, so how is it I have to pay for your lack of judgement
They seem to think the money they receive just appears from out of thin air

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-ne ... /#53160856

I'll get this thread locked for sure.

Actually, the money does come out of thin air. If the gov't can't get enough from taxes or borrowing, they just have the Federal Reserve print more money "out of thin air". Without such a system, we wouldn't be able to afford much of our warfare and welfare spending. Used to be there had to be gold backing up any money that was printed, but no more - there is no limit to printing.

Let's make sure we include as welfare recipients the hundreds of thousands of bureaucrats in jobs that shouldn't exist. They collect big salaries, with big benefits and retirement plans. It would be cheaper to put them on food stamps and free healthcare and let them sit at home instead of collecting big checks.

Latest posts