Here we go again........

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Did the first group of of gals today ,well the ones that I had semen for. Still waiting for a couple sires that are not available in Canada yet.

It feels like it was just yesterday when they all started calving and the panic of getting them dryed off in that cold frigid temperature ,now back into the schmozzle again.

I hope the semen gets here soon if not I will have to do a lot of sorting/separating and put my main man in with the gals if I want to calve the same time next year.

congrats on getting your breeding season off to a good start.its no fun waiting for semen you have cows that need breeding as soon as possable.

You are lucky that you can AI. We have one person here local that does it and he is busy, busy, busy. But I know what you mean ~ it dos seem like just yesterday I was reading about your calving fun! :nod:

Those young bulls that were fighting? They worked it out then?

Tomorrow (Wed) is our starting date. Harder to heat check this time of year, because we still have a several different "groups" to check. So much easier when all cattle are out on grass.
Once I start grazing the cattle, I still lock them up in lot at night on hay. Easier to check, easier to catch, & need to dilute the rich early grass with the hay.
Hubby leaves at 6:15am so I have to get them in chute before 6am if I want anything bred in AM.

Just did a round of shots this morning, AI on Thursday afternoon. I agree, you just get done calving and it starts again. :shock:
Got a couple that I am going to do a little later naturally. Want to see the difference in conception rates.

Latest posts