Here we go again

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Santa Fe ISD shooting this morning.
I have four grandkids there as well as a pile of great nieces and nephews.
All are safe thank God.
So far eight confirmed fatalities.
Suspects brought a shotgun and bombs according to sources so far.

Need to go back to public hanging for these animals that commit such crimes for all to see.

CB,

Will public execution result in a significant deterrent? The modus operandi of 95 % of the persons committing mass random public shootings does not involve any fear of death or execution. Many shoot themselves or are shot by police. Thus, the opportunity to face public execution is rare.

It is good to hear that all is well with your family. I haven't really read to much about it yet. Unfortunately these people who do these things aren't scared of death. If they were I don't think they would have done it. I would like to figure out the motive behind this. So far it seems like every shooting involved a mentally disabled person.

Bright Raven":1wu9ip9e said:
CB,

Will public execution result in a significant deterrent? The modus operandi of 95 % of the persons committing mass random public shootings does not involve any fear of death or execution. Many shoot themselves or are shot by police. Thus, the opportunity to face public execution is rare.

Well hang their carcass on a pole for the buzzards.

OwnedByTheCow":2bqykd5z said:
It is good to hear that all is well with your family. I haven't really read to much about it yet. Unfortunately these people who do these things aren't scared of death. If they were I don't think they would have done it. I would like to figure out the motive behind this. So far it seems like every shooting involved a mentally disabled person.

Thanks
My daughter and DIL are both teachers in the district as well.
I won't make this political certain philosophies have lead to a lot of our problems in society.

Caustic Burno":2b687drr said:
OwnedByTheCow":2b687drr said:

Thanks
I won't make this political certain philosophies have lead to a lot of our problems in society.

Yes alot of it started when they quit keeping score and giving every kid a trophy at tee ball whether they showed up to one game or all of the games, and not being held accountable for their actions.

Well they all should hang till confirmed dead....a week or two should be sufficient. A lot of this is on the parents giving kids timeout instead of the switch. Then comes the schools and teachers, they don't want to go the extra distance to help a troubled kid. And the doctors are giving the kids mind altering drugs instead of recommending counseling for the parents and kids.

Caustic Burno":2qqzimkx said:
All are safe thank God.

Need to go back to public hanging for these animals that commit such crimes for all to see.

Glad your fam is ok

Based on media reports, it looks like another mental case:

Pagourtzis has a social media footprint that included an image of a custom T-shirt emblazoned with the words, "BORN TO KILL" posted on Facebook and several images of a black duster jacket with Nazi, communist, fascist and religious symbols.

The alleged shooter used a shotgun and a revolver that were legally owned by his father, Abbott told reporters. Two school resource officers were on the campus and confronted the shooter "early on in the process," Abbott said.

This is the 22nd US school shooting since the beginning of the year, and the third instance in eight days in which a gunman was on a school campus.

Caustic Burno":2b5h8l9u said:
OwnedByTheCow":2b5h8l9u said:

Thanks
Along with a lot of pi## poor parents.

Bright Raven":2d0x5gga said:
Based on media reports, it looks like another mental case:

Pagourtzis has a social media footprint that included an image of a custom T-shirt emblazoned with the words, "BORN TO KILL" posted on Facebook and several images of a black duster jacket with Nazi, communist, fascist and religious symbols.

I used to regularly wear a Rage Against The Machine shirt in high school, but I never wanted to over throw the American government. I just really like their music. I look at his attire in the same way that I look at kids that wear the Rebel flag: it's an attention getter. In hindsight, this might have been a sign that this kid was off his rocker or not. We need to make sure that we don't jump to conclusions too quickly, b/c I don't want to live in 1984 (can't get it to underline).

To enter a federal building, everyone, including all federal employees have to go through a metal detector. Same with the court systems.

But a 17 year old can put on a trench coat and carry a shotgun into a high school and shoot the place up.

Seems simple - operate schools with the same screening that the federal workplace enjoys.

Bright Raven":2vidkkfc said:
To enter a federal building, everyone, including all federal employees have to go through a metal detector. Same with the court systems.

But a 17 year old can put on a trench coat and carry a shotgun into a high school and shoot the place up.

Seems simple - operate schools with the same screening that the federal workplace enjoys.

That's fine and dandy it doesn't address the problem just target the bus then.
Our society morality has failed along our criminal justice system IMO.

Caustic Burno":3qndu4by said:
Bright Raven":3qndu4by said:

That's fine and dandy it doesn't address the problem just target the bus then.
Our society morality has failed along our criminal justice system IMO.

Changing morality is a multi-generation endeavor. Seems to be obvious that as a first step, you stop kids from bringing guns into the school building.

Bright Raven":22t8526c said:

That's a no brainer and would definitely help to keep the classroom safer. Maybe it's time to teach a gun violence class in school? Teaching kids about drugs and sex in the school has worked to some degree.

Caustic Burno":q0xuewfe said:
All are safe thank God.

I'm glad to hear that your family is okay.

These events are happening more and more often and it is a very disturbing trend.

The rest of what I would like to say about these things, would probably get this thread locked and me put into a "time-out". :(

Latest posts