Here we go again for the last time.

Help Support CattleToday:

blackcowz

Reaction score
For all those fed up with my bull and breeding questions on CattleToday:

I have actually come to a final decision for the last time. And I mean it. I will NOT be getting any kind of club calf semen and will only be breeding Angus and Angus Hybrid cattle. My Angus will be almost completely OCC, PCC, and DDA genetics. I might have some other bloodlines mixed in here and there, but that's what I know can work in the show ring and perform in a harsh, commercial environment. My hybrid cattle will mostly be crossed with Hereford and some Shorthorn. If my customer base demands otherwise, I will consider using "Continental" breeds of cattle. However, there are many bulls that offer excellent growth outcrosses inside the Angus, Hereford, and Shorthorn breeds, so I am going to try and stick with them. Now, here comes the part I need to work on the most: cattle numbers and a customer base. My herd has been slowly building to the point where I have 7 head of cows to breed this spring. As of right now, I only have a bull and a heifer for sale. However, I would like some of you to look me up this fall if you are interested in real world, moderate, maternal genetics with showring potential. I'll have some bred females and a few weanling calves for sale. I will also have a spring born bull for sale this fall. If any of you would be willing to spread the word around and give a 15 year old kid a hand, I'd be greatly appreciative. Once again, thanks for taking the time to read this and for all the encouragement I've gotten.

Thanks again,
Cade Christensen
MYT Farms

Cade-

Don't despair - unjustifiably. NONE of the ranchers who post on CattleToday should be fed up with sincere questions regarding beef cattle and beef cattle breeding. That is what this forum is all about. Some people may seem to resent some of the answers, but that is their problem! Hang in there and keep your brain working to establish a working program for YOU - one with which YOU will be comfortable. Nothing in this world is absolutey stationary forever, and you must change when circumstances change. The trick to all of this "living" business is to KNOW when to change, and when to stand pat. Time and experience will help take care of that.

Keep plugging, Cade. We are all behind you!

DOC HARRIS

blackcowz":nd6bpf6x said:
For all those fed up with my bull and breeding questions on CattleToday:

I have actually come to a final decision for the last time. And I mean it. I will NOT be getting any kind of club calf semen and will only be breeding Angus and Angus Hybrid cattle. My Angus will be almost completely OCC, PCC, and DDA genetics. I might have some other bloodlines mixed in here and there, but that's what I know can work in the show ring and perform in a harsh, commercial environment. My hybrid cattle will mostly be crossed with Hereford and some Shorthorn. If my customer base demands otherwise, I will consider using "Continental" breeds of cattle. However, there are many bulls that offer excellent growth outcrosses inside the Angus, Hereford, and Shorthorn breeds, so I am going to try and stick with them. Now, here comes the part I need to work on the most: cattle numbers and a customer base. My herd has been slowly building to the point where I have 7 head of cows to breed this spring. As of right now, I only have a bull and a heifer for sale. However, I would like some of you to look me up this fall if you are interested in real world, moderate, maternal genetics with showring potential. I'll have some bred females and a few weanling calves for sale. I will also have a spring born bull for sale this fall. If any of you would be willing to spread the word around and give a 15 year old kid a hand, I'd be greatly appreciative. Once again, thanks for taking the time to read this and for all the encouragement I've gotten.

Thanks again,
Cade Christensen
MYT Farms

Cade, hang in there like a rusty nail. If you have questions; fire away. Soon, if not already, you will make improvements that we never thought of.

Cowdirt and DOC,
Wow, thanks for the encouragement. :clap: The times they are a changin', and I think I am moving my herd in the right direction to change with it. Hopefully, I will be able to affect the entire industry in a positive way.