Here it is, best tree cutter

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Hoped to get it while being used, but i see the guys went on to something else. Wished the picture were better and showing the teeth on the blade..
You can cut trees, cut stumps, clear under fences. You can use it high, you can use it low...We use it with a CTL, but if i'm remembering right i think it can be use with a loader, but probably not as aggressive as you could with a skidsteer.

They work great for getting stumps off at just below dirt level. Here are some big pine stumps they took out after logging these trees with the big tree cutter.

the stump is just sitting on the ground, where it was removed is just above it in the picture...

That looks a lot like what my husband made this last spring out of an old batwing shredder.. Works great, they had a lot of fun with it. Cleared a lot of brushy stuff with it. We call it The Beast

Finally got a paint job...Going to paint teeth on it if the guys will let me. Son wants to paint a sign that says, If you can read this, RUN! lol

Hoped to get it while being used, but i see the guys went on to something else. Wished the picture were better and showing the teeth on the blade..
You can cut trees, cut stumps, clear under fences. You can use it high, you can use it low...We use it with a CTL, but if i'm remembering right i think it can be use with a loader, but probably not as aggressive as you could with a skidsteer.

They work great for getting stumps off at just below dirt level. Here are some big pine stumps they took out after logging these trees with the big tree cutter.

the stump is just sitting on the ground, where it was removed is just above it in the picture...
What brand? Where did you get it?

I had one built like that to use on the front loader. I was going to weld a skid steer bracket on it. All my loaders had the skid steer hookups. A fabricator at Stillwater built it for me for over 5 years ago for about $1500. I have never had the time to try it out. The tractor I wanted to use it with needs a clutch, so it has not had that problem aggravated. The one we built is not as long as that one and that may be a problem.. We made it out of 1/4 inch plate and used 4x4 I beam for a center spine on it.. I found the drawing if anyone is interested. I have the DXF file also.

Attachments

• tree cutter.jpg
    tree cutter.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 11
I like to know if the saw in the first pic is for sale. They're pretty high new and rarely see a used one

I watched videos of this. Did some checking. I like this idea. Only thing is I will have to adapt it to my loader. Thinking aboutputting it on three point and using loader forks to pile brush

I watched videos of this. Did some checking. I like this idea. Only thing is I will have to adapt it to my loader. Thinking aboutputting it on three point and using loader forks to pile brush
Still today, old post, this is his fav tree cutter...Not only does he use it to cut trees, but, uses it to clear small trees off a fence line by running it under. He uses it a lot when he clears a fence line of all sizes of trees to put in a new fence, and it works just as good as it did the day we got it.

I like to know if the saw in the first pic is for sale. They're pretty high new and rarely see a used one
No... we went and got this one somewhere in west texas.. drove a long way to get it.. but, its my husbands fav thing, it will die on the ranch like a loyal horse...

No... we went and got this one somewhere in west texas.. drove a long way to get it.. but, its my husbands fav thing, it will die on the ranch like a loyal horse...
I've got a hydraulic tree shear but the saw looks like it'll reach out there. With the shear you gotta really watch for low limbs or you'll break a window.

We have a hydraulic cutter for the skidsteer too. The guys use to do our own thinning of the pines. Did it for many years while the trees were small.. They have big stuff now, but i bet it will go for sale soon (culling stuff sitting around). We have something they call the Valmet (sp)... its a logging sized cutter. We have everything for a small logging business, from skidder to knuckle boom.. Most of our trees are getting to saw timber, so, the guys arent too interested in doing that work anymore.. but who knows... Husband smashed his leg around 10 years ago pushing around tree tops with the skid steer, a big limb was being drawn back inside the stack and snapped back towards him, smashed the front window and crushed his leg between his knee and ankle. He's lucky it hit his leg and not his head or chest.. Took him months to recover, but has very few lasting results considering how smashed it was....

We have a hydraulic cutter for the skidsteer too. The guys use to do our own thinning of the pines. Did it for many years while the trees were small.. They have big stuff now, but i bet it will go for sale soon (culling stuff sitting around). We have something they call the Valmet (sp)... its a logging sized cutter. We have everything for a small logging business, from skidder to knuckle boom.. Most of our trees are getting to saw timber, so, the guys arent too interested in doing that work anymore.. but who knows... Husband smashed his leg around 10 years ago pushing around tree tops with the skid steer, a big limb was being drawn back inside the stack and snapped back towards him, smashed the front window and crushed his leg between his knee and ankle. He's lucky it hit his leg and not his head or chest.. Took him months to recover, but has very few lasting results considering how smashed it was....
OUCH

Yes it was bad, very bad. Although it healed up with no surgeries or anything. It was very painful for him though and months of it.. Its a lesson well learned, pay attention and be aware of what is going on in a brush pile.. Who knew though...

We cleared 200 acres of locust and boisdarc a few years back with a dozer and skid steer. I knocked the window out of the skid several times pushing brush with the grapple, got lucky everytime and stopped soon enough not to get hit by a limb though. The dozer we bought had risers and a back guard but no limb screens. One of the guys called me and said he'd been slapped by a locust limb for the last time and was shutting down until I got the screens built. He knew I'd had the materials for weeks but just hadn't gotten around to building them. The most dangerous thing to me though was dead boisdarc limbs. Those dang things won't hardly break and will come at you before you know it. Not sure how many times one snaked it's way right past me sitting in the dozer seat. About all you can do is throw it in reverse and hope for the best.

Latest posts