here is the lyrics guess the song and artist

Help Support CattleToday:

I've got admit there is not one artistic bone in my body. I look at these lyrics and they all mean nothing until I hear people with real talent perform it. Pretty pathetic really. I look at those words and unless I've actually heard the songs I can't imagine that it could be a song.

Larry

larryshoat":22aur008 said:
I've got admit there is not one artistic bone in my body. I look at these lyrics and they all mean nothing until I hear people with real talent perform it. Pretty pathetic really. I look at those words and unless I've actually heard the songs I can't imagine that it could be a song.

Larry
there's hundreds of so called artist now with great voices, but no talent... CMA is a circus act...full of bozo's.. makes me want to puke......

If I were alone in the desert
without a drink of water around
with my knees and hands in that white scorching sand
with the hot Sahara sun beating down
if I could be granted my wishes
anything I want would come true
i know it might sound funny
but heres what I want you to do

Sammy rode hard and never complained
Two long years on the Rockin' Chair range
Chasin' them steers down the salt fork of the Red River
Angels' and cowboys' work goes on forever

BILL CLAYLAND":x9akm8dv said:
I am just a cowboy
lonesome on the trail
the stary night, the camp fire night

The coyote call,
and howlin winds wail
so i'll ride out,
to the old sundown

:cboy:

Thin Lizzy did that but I don't know if it was a cover.

Bigfoot":3b5qosfk said:
Sammy rode hard and never complained
Two long years on the Rockin' Chair range
Chasin' them steers down the salt fork of the Red River
Angels' and cowboys' work goes on forever

That's a dang good song.

It's by Andy Wilkerson or maybe wilkenson. I have never been able to find it anywhere. I have found one album of his on line, but it seemed like all poetry and did not contain that song. Anybody know where I could get it. The song is "Angels could do no more" I think. I've got a bad memory. I heard that song once many years ago, and still remember every word of it. I just can't find it.

Bigfoot":pi6lrm1f said:
It's by Andy Wilkerson or maybe wilkenson. I have never been able to find it anywhere. I have found one album of his on line, but it seemed like all poetry and did not contain that song. Anybody know where I could get it. The song is "Angels could do no more" I think. I've got a bad memory. I heard that song once many years ago, and still remember every word of it. I just can't find it.

Brenn Hill did it. Maybe in addition to your artist. Here's a link. Swallow hard! Not sure who wrote it. You know how that goes.

Edit: I see on the link that he gives credit to Andy Wilkinson 1997 Grey Horse press.

http://www.brennhill.com/index.php/music/147

Angus Cowman":1ni24cl7 said:
Well I had a buddy back in 81
and we made ourselves a pact
we were headed for the pipeline
we were never coming back
well worked 80hrs making time and a half
but La grange was too Dam hot

Pretty sure it is Charlie Robison possibly Bruce wrote it but the song is My home town and Charlie sings it in concert.

You hear Kenney Chesney now covering his El Ceritto Place... What the? Nashville must be getting tired of singing the castrated remixed pop music and is looking to screw up something good.

The ship was the pride of the American side
coming back from some mill in Wisconsin.
As the big freighters go, it was bigger than most
with a crew and good captain well seasoned,
concluding some terms with a couple of steel firms
when they left fully loaded for Cleveland.
And later that night when the ship's bell rang,
could it be the north wind they'd been feelin'?

The wind in the wires made a tattle-tale sound
and a wave broke over the railing.
And ev'ry man knew, as the captain did too
'twas the witch of November come stealin'.
The dawn came late and the breakfast had to wait
when the Gales of November came slashin'.
When afternoon came it was freezin' rain
in the face of a hurricane west wind.

Angus Cowman":104dspnu said:
I just ordered up a beer and sat down at the bar
when some guy walks in and says
who owns this car with the peace sign mag wheels and 4 on the floor

If I were alone in the desert
without a drink of water around
with my knees and hands in that white scorching sand
with the hot Sahara sun beating down
if I could be granted my wishes
anything I want would come true
i know it might sound funny
but heres what I want you to do

First one is The CDB "Uneasy Rider"

Second is Mr. Whitley with "Tell Lori I Love Her" Really sad to know when and how that song was recorded.

Bigfoot":3njx5n27 said:

If anyone knows where an album with this on it could be purchased I would love to have it. I have searched high and low for it.

"Angels Can Do No More". By Andy Wilkinson. 1997 off the "Deep In The Heart" album. I'm going to check amazon etc to see if I can find that album.

Latest posts