Herdbull and progeny pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

capt

Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting some pictures I have wanted to post for a while. The first picture is the herd bull fresh off the mountain in November of 2008 grass (working clothes) condition weighing around 2325 lbs at 4 1/2 years of age.

Bullpics0181-1.jpg

A weaning and yearling shot of one if his daughters we kept as a replacement.

Bullpics0401.jpg

june162009stonewallpics051-1.jpg

Another daughter pictured between weaning and yearling.

march232009300.jpg

I am looking forward to criticisms and questions or just opinions. Thanks, capt!

Thanks for the responses. Had some trouble getting logged back onto the page to answer but finally managed. The bull is sired by a popular Line 1 and is out of a heavily Mark Donald influenced cow. The blue tag heifer's dam is canadian/line one and the yellow tag heifer's dam is mark donald/canadian. The bull is very long bodied and sires performance with moderate birth weights and moderate frame scores. The blue tag heifer continues to grow and I think will be bigger framed than I want but she can't help but take after her dam who is a large framed cow. Some more pictures to critique. Thanks, capt.

She has been less cooperative about having her picture taken as she ages but here is a current pic along with some of the other replacements.

august162009048.jpg

Grand daughter out of full sister to above herd bull.

patspicsstonewall6162009161.jpg

not the best picture but a very solid female.

august162009052.jpg

"Get outta my face, I'm having a bad hair day!"

august162009045.jpg

august162009037.jpg

Next years replacement 'Take my picture please'

I like your bull and I like your cows even more. These are what Herefords should look like. :tiphat:

Yes, over 50 years with registered Herefords and just over ten with registered Angus. Plus plenty of baldies made from those cows fired from the registered herd! ;-)

capt

Latest posts