Herd brand GT-77 ATV Seeder

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I priced the "cheaper" fertilizer and then ordered a new seeder today! I think the new seeder will more than pay for itself the first year.

I did not like the looks of the plastic Earthway seeders and I got tired of trying to calibrate my 3 pt mounted farm store seeder. I have learned for clover to set the slot width at 1/8" to 3/16" and then adjust the slot height with duct tape, but that only works well if you do not use mixes with grass in them and you can drive 8 mph across a pasture...

Really nice folks at the Herd Seeder Company in Indiana. :tiphat:

Stocker Steve":3eqvr361 said:
I priced the "cheaper" fertilizer and then ordered a new seeder today! I think the new seeder will more than pay for itself the first year.

I did not like the looks of the plastic Earthway seeders and I got tired of trying to calibrate my 3 pt mounted farm store seeder. I have learned for clover to set the slot width at 1/8" to 3/16" and then adjust the slot height with duct tape, but that only works well if you do not use mixes with grass in them and you can drive 8 mph across a pasture...

Really nice folks at the Herd Seeder Company in Indiana. :tiphat:

Herd makes some fine equipment I have an old Herd for clover seed serial number is 1 ;-)

Just bought one of these too after looking at the plastic ones, Have been using it to sow some clover seed and am pleased so far. Still learning and experimenting with calibration. As a side note I used my Garmin handheld GPS mounted on the handlebars as a guide to tell where to go. I know the accuracy is not that good but it does help.

One of the first thing I noticed about the Herd was the cast iron base. Reminded me of some of the antique equipment that lasted forever. The mounting hardware is also heavy duty, probably more so than most ATV racks they will be mounted on.

I have a 1200. It is stout and still works like a charm even after all the abuse I have put it through. You are right, it is a good company.

Got 3pt one from Herd, it been a good one though not in best shape when I bought it used. Herd company is a good company and great to work with. Bought some decals for my old 3pt one and they were great to deal with and reasonable priced as well for the decals.