herbicide mixture question

Help Support CattleToday:

new_guy

Reaction score
I must be slower than I thought, because I can't figure out how much weed killer I should use for spot spraying. The label recommends that I should use 5 ounces/area, but how do I figure out the ounces/gal?

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld77N006.pdf
I think, I'm suppose to be able to figure this out from table 1 on page 4 :???:
thanks

also, please explain so I don't have to ask dumb questions like this again:)

I usually spray at a volume of 30 gallons of spray mix per acre on hay fields or weedy areas. At the maximum annual rate of your herbicide per acre of 7 oz; you should only need .23 oz per gallon. (a little less than 1/4 oz per gallon of water)

Your label also says that you can also apply up to 14 oz of herbicide if you do not cover more than 50% of the area. (less than 1/2 acre for spot spraying).

I would try the lower rate to test a small area. No need to apply more than you need. After testing a couple of areas you might even be able to lower your rate to 4 oz per acre which would pro-rate to .13 oz of herbicide per gallon of water.

Good luck and always follow the label.

HUS

You right. Table 1 on page 4 gives you the rate to mix in a gallon of water in Mills or CC's. (7.5 CC's/ml's)

new_guy":32o6g86d said:
I must be slower than I thought, because I can't figure out how much weed killer I should use for spot spraying. The label recommends that I should use 5 ounces/area, but how do I figure out the ounces/gal?

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld77N006.pdf
I think, I'm suppose to be able to figure this out from table 1 on page 4 :???:
thanks

also, please explain so I don't have to ask dumb questions like this again:)

I think you're partially right about Table 1. I also think the list of weeds and the recommended ounces per acre plays some part in it, but I'm not sure. I've never seen directions like this with any other herbicide, and I wonder if they could have made the directions any more complicated if they had tried a little harder? :???: :???:

1982vett":3nhuau0i said:
The table helps if you want to mix 1 gallon in a pump up sprayer. :???:

I guess I don't understand the question, I thought this is what he was trying to do.

Jogeephus":3985pz8k said:
1982vett":3985pz8k said:

I guess I don't understand the question, I thought this is what he was trying to do.

Gets worse, after you figure how to mix a gallon, then you need to know how many square feet to spray it on.

1982vett":36ibv16x said:
Jogeephus":36ibv16x said:
1982vett":36ibv16x said:

Gets worse, after you figure how to mix a gallon, then you need to know how many square feet to spray it on.

If he is applying 30 gallons of mix to one acre (43,560 sq.ft) then 43,560 divided by 30 gallons =1452 sq.ft of coverage per gallon of mix.

I'm spot spraying thistles with a wand and using a 30 gallon "ATV" tank. I could figure it out if the company would have listed a % mixture or PPM.
Thanks for the comments guys, but I'm still a bit confused:)

new_guy":10fxg3v3 said:
I'm spot spraying thistles with a wand and using a 30 gallon "ATV" tank. I could figure it out if the company would have listed a % mixture or PPM.

Fill your 30 gallon tank half full, add 7 oz of herbicide plus any sticker or surfactant you want, finish filling the tank, agitate well, and spray away.

HUS":tzlns8hq said:
new_guy":tzlns8hq said:

Fill your 30 gallon tank half full, add 7 oz of herbicide plus any sticker or surfactant you want, finish filling the tank, agitate well, and spray away.

That's what I'm thinking. Just spray to the point just before runoff.

Jogeephus":150s7hoo said:
HUS":150s7hoo said:
new_guy":150s7hoo said:

That's what I'm thinking. Just spray to the point just before runoff.

I don;t know what that particular one calls for since I haven;t used it. We basicly mix it as if for a an acre as if it was going to be volume sprayed then use that mixture to hand spray til tyhe plant is wet.

got it to broadcast for Tropical Soda Apples and figure I should have a bit left over to spot spray thistles in other fields.
thistles are bad this year, guess it's from the drought last year :?
it's a bit pricey, but I've read good stuff on Milestone.

Latest posts