Helping out?

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Had a storm pass through here last week, we lost about 50 trees, nobody hurt, so it was no big deal :)
IMG_13411111.jpg

I did have some help afterwards though, moving some of them.
IMG_13601111.jpg

Its a dirty job
IMG_1357111.jpg

Looks like youve got some good help there. That must of been some storm, we had one a few days ago take some branches, etc. but not a whole tree or 50! Glad no one was hurt.

Just straight line winds or a micro burst ? Interesting that it just took a narrow path of trees down.
Glad no one was hurt.

Jeff

iowafarmer":28kupg8c said:
yeah thats some good help you got there. striat line winds or tornado cause the trees damaged are in a strip?

I am pretty sure no tornado the tree are not beat up enough. I know tornado damage when I see it.

Jeff

Can;t tell for sure but are the downed tops all pointing the same direction? That would be an indication of straightline winds. If the tops are pointing in different directions it would be indicative of a miro burst. We lost 27 large oaks and hickorys (dbh upto 40 inches) to a micro burst a few years ago.

man thats rough losing 50 trees.i bet your help will enjoy eating the leaves.youll have alot of fire wood when you get done cutting those trees up.

Yes, they all fell in more or less the same direction. It was kind of weird how it took out that one strip though, that was just a part of it in the picture, that one gust took out 19 trees, if you could see it all. Had another gust that went through the woods and took out a bunch more. I took a couple more pics today while checking cows.

IMG_14591111.jpg

IMG_1462111.jpg

IMG_1457111.jpg

bigbull338":3dsggzxv said:
man thats rough losing 50 trees.i bet your help will enjoy eating the leaves.youll have alot of fire wood when you get done cutting those trees up.

Yeah, they love them leaves. Only lost about 8/10 hardwoods, more than enough for this winter though.

TNMasterBeefProducer":1vvtdy62 said:
Glad noone was hurt.

I just heard today that a farm about two miles from me got hit pretty hard too, they lost 3 cows. 2 to lightning and a tree got another. That hurts. I'm feeling pretty dang lucky right now.

Latest posts