Help with some solutions

Help Support CattleToday:

larryshoat

Reaction score
If we take 2 indentical quart containers, with the exact same amount of liquid solution in each .Label one solution A and the other solution B . Then if we take one teaspoon full out of solution A and put it in solution B and mix thoroughly, we then have solution AB .Then we take a teaspoon full out of soution AB and put it back in A .Now in terms of volume both containers are once again equal. Question, does solution A have more of B in it, or does B have more of A in it, or are the compositions of A and B identical .

Larry

B has more A than A has B.

After mixing A in B and removing the same amount you put in, you also remove a small portion that was already classified as A, theirfore you have put less of B into A.

1982vett":2x5bgc3a said:
B has more A than A has B.

After mixing A in B and removing the same amount you put in, you also remove a small portion that was already classified as A, theirfore you have put less of B into A.

Are you sure about that ? Maybe with a little mathematical proof I might be more convinced .

Larry

I suppose math (as far as I can figure) says they would contain the same percentages. Had trouble doing the math 35 years ago, not a snowballs chance in **** I can figure it out now.

Had a dream last night that I was back in school trying to answer these questions. If I have another tonight I am going to stop reading these posts. :lol2:

1982vett":2yzzcumh said:
I suppose math (as far as I can figure) says they would contain the same percentages. Had trouble doing the math 35 years ago, not a snowballs chance in **** I can figure it out now.

Had a dream last night that I was back in school trying to answer these questions. If I have another tonight I am going to stop reading these posts. :lol2:

vett it sounds to me like you did figure it out. :tiphat: It helps to use some numbers that are easier to work with . If solution A and B were 200 gallons each it would work like this, we could put 100 gallons ofA into B then we would have an AB solution of 100 gallons A in 200 gallons B for a total AB of 300 gallons, or I/3 A -2/3 B. When we remove the 100 gallons of AB it will consist of 1/3 A (or 33 1/3 gallons ) and 2/3 B (or 66 2/3 gallons ) thereby leaving 66 2/3 gallons of A in B and putting 66 2/3 gallons of B back into A .

vett I cannot imagine that you ever had trouble in math you seem quite good at it to me . :tiphat:
I hope you rest better tonight . :lol:

Larry

Latest posts