Help with Injured Calf care

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Okay, a couple of days ago I posted about my calf who has an injured leg. It is really on his hoof and there are white pus coming out. I called the vet today and got some advice and instructions on what to do. I need to give this calf antibiotics or penicillin. He said there is short acting and long acting penicillin but what is the difference? I forgot to ask my vet that question.

Alina":tsbg9wyy said:
Okay, a couple of days ago I posted about my calf who has an injured leg. It is really on his hoof and there are white pus coming out. I called the vet today and got some advice and instructions on what to do. I need to give this calf antibiotics or penicillin. He said there is short acting and long acting penicillin but what is the difference? I forgot to ask my vet that question.

In theory you don't have to give a shot as frequwntly with the longacting.
I would try LA200 rather then penicillin, but that's just a preference for foot problems

dun

I just went out and got penicillin. What is the difference with LA200 and penicillin?

Different ingredients. The only thing I use LA200 for is pink eye, but that's just my experience.

Penicillian should work as well.

Alina":wgy00bee said:
I just went out and got penicillin. What is the difference with LA200 and penicillin?

Penicillin is for gram positive bacteria. LA200 is a "broad spectrum" antibiotic for both gram positive and negative bacteria. And no you can't use them together.

Clear as mud?

Latest posts