Help w/ setting up ropes on squeeze chute.

Help Support CattleToday:

ksmit454

Reaction score
I have figured out the back drop gate but I cannot for the life of me figure out the top two pulleys and how the ropes go through them to operate the squeeze part of the chute. Any help would be appreciated!

FD8AAC95-C898-4938-B902-1FDDE5308EC9.jpeg
Top view, my AI tech was telling me the top piece sticking up should be going the other direction…?

50380054-0AB5-436D-850B-CEF2EA6507CA.jpeg
There's a pulley on this side…

F88AAAAC-321C-418C-B5D8-B2F72D738CB8.jpeg
And also one on this side.

566493A9-FFF2-48D0-8E61-F4A35564FD60.jpeg
And lastly, the handle to open the side of the squeeze, I attach a rope and then from there where do I put the rope? If that makes sense.

Back drop gate and squeeze are opposite ends of the rope.
Pull one way the back gate rises, pull the other, the top bar squeezes.
I usually just reach up and grab the pipe to pull the squeeze (but I am 6'-3") :)
So the rope is just tied off the that squeeze pipe (in reality)

Escape door is it's own release rope. Just run it from latch, up through pulley, and across to horizontal frame member on working side.

Chute_LI (2).jpg
The squeeze is operated by pulling down on the lever extending to the top right at a 45 degree angle circled in red, it looks to be in the squeeze position now by the looks of the position of the locking mechanism (circled in blue). The force is then transmitted by the two flat bar connectors circled in red to the near side of the chute to operate the squeeze function. I don't see any way for the off side to squeeze, so I'm assuming it's stationary. You can pass a rope through the two green pulleys circled in green and down to the release gate plunger lever to operate the release gate from the driver's side.

Edited to add: I'm betting the locking mechanism is tweaked from it's original position as the chute looks like it needs to squeeze down more than where it's currently set at, but there's no locking setting to hold it any tighter. Probably going to have to heat the locking quadrant and beat it around to its original position to make it hold properly.

Back drop gate and squeeze are opposite ends of the rope.
Pull one way the back gate rises, pull the other, the top bar squeezes.
I usually just reach up and grab the pipe to pull the squeeze (but I am 6'-3") :)
So the rope is just tied off the that squeeze pipe (in reality)

Escape door is it's own release rope. Just run it from latch, up through pulley, and across to horizontal frame member on working side.
Perfect thank you! For some reason I thought the pulleys were used for the squeeze part of the chute but I see now that it is just for the side opening latch of the squeeze.

View attachment 17176
The squeeze is operated by pulling down on the lever extending to the top right at a 45 degree angle circled in red, it looks to be in the squeeze position now by the looks of the position of the locking mechanism (circled in blue). The force is then transmitted by the two flat bar connectors circled in red to the near side of the chute to operate the squeeze function. I don't see any way for the off side to squeeze, so I'm assuming it's stationary. You can pass a rope through the two green pulleys circled in green and down to the release gate plunger lever to operate the release gate from the driver's side.

Edited to add: I'm betting the locking mechanism is tweaked from it's original position as the chute looks like it needs to squeeze down more than where it's currently set at, but there's no locking setting to hold it any tighter. Probably going to have to heat the locking quadrant and beat it around to its original position to make it hold properly.
Thank you! That helps me out a lot. Yes that's why I was having a difficult time because at that position, the squeeze is a tight as I can go with the locking mechanism. But I see what you mean, that I could re position the locking mechanism to make it squeeze and lock tighter. Thanks again!

Latest posts