Help settle an arguement

Help Support CattleToday:

ArrowHBrand

Reaction score
At dinner time today my family and I were watching "Terminator 2" when a debate came up. I say that if the Terminator hadn't gone back to the past in the first movie, they wouldn't have had the pieces in the second movie, and thus they wouldn't have had the technology to make the terminators in the first place. So they wouldn't have been in the future to go back to the past, they wouldn't have existed. My wife disagreed.

ArrowHBrand":16pd1lga said:
At dinner time today my family and I were watching "Terminator 2" when a debate came up. I say that if the Terminator hadn't gone back to the past in the first movie, they wouldn't have had the pieces in the second movie, and thus they wouldn't have had the technology to make the terminators in the first place. So they wouldn't have been in the future to go back to the past, they wouldn't have existed. My wife disagreed.

Never watched the Terminator movies, but if go back in time and change the timeline, the future you came from is also altered and its original timeline would be lost to the new one.

ArrowHBrand":1ivgml2c said:

I think you are right to a degree, but I also think your wife is right to a degree. Think about it, the terminator had to have existed in the future to be able to go back in time, but if he hadn't gone back in time, been killed, and his processor chip collected, he wouldn't have been as sophisticated, and capable of so many things. Just something to think about.

angie":2o6l0sfj said:
I have no idea what you are talking about, but your wife is right. :nod:
Just cause.

and tats all that really matters isnt it....i mean...i like to eat and ...um...ya know

msscamp":26xkk7t6 said:
ArrowHBrand":26xkk7t6 said:

I think you are right to a degree, but I also think your wife is right to a degree. Think about it, the terminator had to have existed in the future to be able to go back in time, but if he hadn't gone back in time, been killed, and his processor chip collected, he wouldn't have been as sophisticated, and capable of so many things. Just something to think about.
Understanding the question better now. To say the Terminator would not have existed in the future if he hadn't gone to the past from the future is probably wrong. Example, Henry Ford's Model T might have been totally different if he had a mustang to copy from. Might have flying cars by now. Take any technology we have now and put it in the past and it will most likely be farther advanced by the time it's future gets here.

Because terminator was from the future tells me he would have existed anyway, he just evolved faster from the use of technology provided from the future.

angie":2sv8bjoj said:
Just cause.

Yup. You're wrong, even when you're right.

Never forget, she's got half the money and all of the.........

jedstivers":3c3xtt4i said:
grannysoo":3c3xtt4i said:
angie":3c3xtt4i said:
Just cause.

Never forget, she's got half the money and all of the.........
Kinda unfair isn't it

Yep. Don't argue about Terminator movies. You can be wrong about things a lot more important.

Never forget, she's got half the money and all of the.........[/quote]
Kinda unfair isn't it[/quote]

Yep. Don't argue about Terminator movies. You can be wrong about things a lot more important.[/quote] and it's important that she's always right..... i guess thats why im single never could master that part

I liked those movies but they did always confuse me with the storylines as they were. Reasoning is if you could go back in the past and change it, the future may or may not be also changed, depending on the people and the choices they made.

GMN

Latest posts