Help Please! How to keep cattle away from my home

Help Support CattleToday:

Tenaj said:
Not a snowflake, do you have cattle living in your backyard, perhaps you like the fresh scent of cowshyt. Might be your favorite cologne too. you might be the one that steps in it then walks in your home with you cowshyt shoes all over your home. Not me!

Cow manure, smells like money.

I'm trying to keep the cattle away from my house and my animals . They break everything they come in contact with . l refine gold they destroyed everythinge on the table surrounded by glass. l raise rabbits , the cows broke down some of the pens but the rabbits didn't leave the pens.
l own 80 acres the cattle rancher has grassing rights . l can't afford to fence it in , plus if the fence is not perfect and they brake through it I'm still liable even if they cut the crap out of themselves . Next thing l know I'm at the courthouse paying a outrageous fine and the cattle rancher restitution for damages to the cow or cows . lts not fair but just suck it up and chase them away ...

I'm trying to keep the cattle away from my house and my animals . They break everything they come in contact with . l refine gold they destroyed everythinge on the table surrounded by glass. l raise rabbits , the cows broke down some of the pens but the rabbits didn't leave the pens.
l own 80 acres the cattle rancher has grassing rights . l can't afford to fence it in , plus if the fence is not perfect and they brake through it I'm still liable even if they cut the crap out of themselves . Next thing l know I'm at the courthouse paying an outrageous fine and the cattle rancher restitution for damages to the cow or cows . lts not fair but just suck it up and chase them away ...
An electric fencer and tape and step in post would be cheapest and most effective.

l own 80 acres the cattle rancher has grassing rights . l can't afford to fence it in , plus if the fence is not perfect and they brake through it I'm still liable even if they cut the crap out of themselves . Next thing l know I'm at the courthouse paying a outrageous fine and the cattle rancher restitution for damages to the cow or cows . lts not fair but just suck it up and chase them away ...
How can you "own" 80 acres and not be able to fence cows out of a tiny portion of it? Why would you own it if you have so little control? And why would you be liable is a cow goes through a fence?

If you're a troll... go away.

If you actually have a legitimate problem do as @gcreekrch said and get some electric fencing and put it around your living space. That's the cheapest solution that's legal.

We have cattle 10 ft from my yard and it is really discussing. What can we do to keep them further away? Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks
Your neighbor probably feels the same about you as you do about his cows....

Buy the cattle rancher's 'grassing rights' out. I would think you can afford to do so, with the price of gold being nearly $2k/ounce.
Agree... buy out the "grassing rights" and then you do not have to deal with the cattle. The 80 acres will not cause any problems being empty, and then you do not have to worry about cattle getting into your yard. Agree also that if it is free range land, then it is your responsibility to fence them OUT of your yard, house, garage, etc.....
An electric fence with a charger that is plugged in to the house so it is a "HOT fence"... will stop them from getting out. If your fence is that poor, I don't understand how the cattle stay in anyway...or why someone would rent it if it needs constant work to keep the cattle in...

Latest posts