Help...orphaned colt

Help Support CattleToday:

Lissa0406

Reaction score
This is Thursday and I have gotten about 4 or 5 pints down a day and that is all...she still seems strong but I know that wont last...I have tried everything I know...lambs nipple...turkey baster....letting her drink...even drenching her with a cattle wormer pump...all we are doing is forcing her...she is sure wearing me down...lol...I am afraid Friday or Saturday will be the time she will start getting down...Thanks for the concerns and replys...

Lissa0406":2r4oynae said:
This is Thursday and I have gotten about 4 or 5 pints down a day and that is all...she still seems strong but I know that wont last...I have tried everything I know...lambs nipple...turkey baster....letting her drink...even drenching her with a cattle wormer pump...all we are doing is forcing her...she is sure wearing me down...lol...I am afraid Friday or Saturday will be the time she will start getting down...Thanks for the concerns and replys...

Here is a thought, I have never raised an orphan foal, but maybe a human baby nipple would work. There is numerous kinds, I think I would give them a try.

Now, you have talked to a vet I hope! :)

Good Luck.

Latest posts