help on fall planting

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

<br> We have 30 acres hay field that a very bad shape. Years so no care or little but to late.<br>Blackberries are taking it over. I want to cut what good hay there is and bale it. Then cut and bale the berries and use them<br>to control an area that the creek is washing out. <br>Then I want to plow the you how what out of the field and but in winter oats,wheat, or rye. But I don't know when to plant or what would be<br>the best to plant. We live 65 miles East of Tulsa<ok. We are on a creek and in a bottom so the ground has morsture.<br>Any ideas , I will read them all.<br>Thank you<br>Kathryn
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2w9j0def said:
:Kathryn, <br>In Va I would plant rye and do it in October. I would also plant 2bu. to the acre. Of course all of this is for Virginia so it may not apply in Oklahoma.<br>: We have 30 acres hay field that a very bad shape. Years so no care or little but to late.<br>: Blackberries are taking it over. I want to cut what good hay there is and bale it. Then cut and bale the berries and use them<br>: to control an area that the creek is washing out. <br>: Then I want to plow the you how what out of the field and but in winter oats,wheat, or rye. But I don't know when to plant or what would be<br>: the best to plant. We live 65 miles East of Tulsa<ok. We are on a creek and in a bottom so the ground has morsture.<br>: Any ideas , I will read them all.<br>: Thank you<br>: Kathryn<p><br>
<br>

[email protected]

Kathryn,<p>You didn't indicate if you plan to graze or bale in the future? If you graze what livestock will be used?<p>If the hay that is baled is good, you may just need to fertilize and clean up the Blackberries and other weeds with a good chemical control or mechanical control!<p>Since I am in Mississippi and don't really know or understand your conditions or growing season, I would suggest that you contact your local county agent or an area livestock agent for your district. These men or women know what grows in your area and based on your goals and plans make better suggestions as to start anew or improve the current forage stand!<p>Good luck!<p>: <br>: We have 30 acres hay field that a very bad shape. Years so no care or little but to late.<br>: Blackberries are taking it over. I want to cut what good hay there is and bale it. Then cut and bale the berries and use them<br>: to control an area that the creek is washing out. <br>: Then I want to plow the you how what out of the field and but in winter oats,wheat, or rye. But I don't know when to plant or what would be<br>: the best to plant. We live 65 miles East of Tulsa<ok. We are on a creek and in a bottom so the ground has morsture.<br>: Any ideas , I will read them all.<br>: Thank you<br>: Kathryn<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts