Help me understand!!

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I just heard on the news that GM is expecting to earn $136 billion in the year 2009. So why is the government even considering giving them more money, which just happens to be pocket change to them?? The rich get the poorer's money? Why wouldn't the government just give middle class, hard working families at risk, say $100,000? That would wipe out many ppl's debt, other's would invest (real estate/stocks), and of course there are those that would blow it on material items, which would help stimulate the economy. I may be a simple country girl but my plan makes more sense to me than the "higher" educated government officials!

Please add your comments, suggestions, and of course feel free to "rip me a new one"!

Because you don't know how to spend it correctly. :lol2: Only politicians know how to do that. :roll:

show time":1y8bewlq said:
I just heard on the news that GM is expecting to earn $136 billion in the year 2009. So why is the government even considering giving them more money, which just happens to be pocket change to them?? The rich get the poorer's money? Why wouldn't the government just give middle class, hard working families at risk, say $100,000? That would wipe out many ppl's debt, other's would invest (real estate/stocks), and of course there are those that would blow it on material items, which would help stimulate the economy. I may be a simple country girl but my plan makes more sense to me than the "higher" educated government officials!

Please add your comments, suggestions, and of course feel free to "rip me a new one"!

You are very cynical for one so young. I like it. :clap:

I haven't run the numbers, but we should just give vouchers for Silverado's. File your 1040 and 2/3 weeks later you get a redeemable voucher for the base Silverado. The one with rubber mats and hand rolled windows. The factorys keep running and the rest of us get something out of it.

We might as well all get the chance to be "payday rich".

John--- That would be a huge step up from my '96 ford power stroke! Ppl that don't quite know me can't believe that's my dirty 'ole truck taking up 2 parking spaces in front of the elemetary. :lol2: Tiny my toting around two little kids; we always present ourselves well, but also live within our means and don't really care what the "Jone's" think. My friends know I could give two hoots less, so they like to give me a hard time...the other day I went to get in the truck and somebody wrote "free to a good home" in the dirt, on the back seat door! lol

What would we do w/o a good laugh every now and them?? :clap:

Showtime, two things I'd like to say. (1) GM will go in the red $136 billion next year. Not profit $136 billion. (2) Why give families $100,000 when you can just as easily give them $100,000,000? That way everyone's rich and nobody has to work! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Showtime, if everybody was given 100,000 dollars there would be lots of money available to spend. All goods and services will go up accordingly therefore there would be no advantage. Everyone would be in the same boat as now.

There have been several studies showing that if you made millionaires out of most (note I do not say all) poor people they will be poor again within 10 years. Inversely folks that have figured out on their own how to make allot of money will always make allot of money. I think one study went as far as to say that if you took all of the millionaires money and gave it to the impoverished the former millionaires would be millionaires again in short order and the formerly impoverished would be impoverished again.

There is a senator who is trying to get a bill passed that will stop us from having to pay any federal income taxes for three months. This would equate to roughly the same amount as they are asking for. This would create some liquidity in the economy. IMO, its a lot better idea than just printing more money. Printing money will only make the money in your pocket be worth less. Giving everyone a million dollars will surely just mean a loaf of bread will cost you a thousand. We don't need this.

I am afraid this is not going to save the car industry. With free trade and the economy widdling away at their sales they are making 1/3 less vehicles than they used to. They cannot be profitable at these quantities. This infusion, in my opinion, is like giving a pint of blood to someone who has a severed aorta. I hope I'm wrong.

America as a whole just needs to bend over and grab her ankles......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any normal person understands that spending 25,000,000 dollars or so to get elected to a position that pays less than 1/2 million per year is a good investment.

Wonder if I could buy me one of them there seats in DC?

(I could give all you farmers/ranchers big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in return!) :dunce:

grannysoo":2e4n3wkx said:

Sure you can. Matter of fact, there is a governor's seat and a senators seat for sale at this moment. Not sure what the entrance fee will be but I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

Like M.L King, I also have a dream. My dream is to line up all these sob's and walk them into a tub grinder. I will personally pay for the fuel as long as ya'll can supply me with the scum to keep the chips a flying. :nod:

Jogeephus":23xd15lw said:
grannysoo":23xd15lw said:

Sure you can. Matter of fact, there is a governor's seat and a senators seat for sale at this moment. Not sure what the entrance fee will be but I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

Like M.L King, I also have a dream. My dream is to line up all these sob's and walk them into a tub grinder. I will personally pay for the fuel as long as ya'll can supply me with the scum to keep the chips a flying. :nod:
I will bring the tractor Jo

We have a local Judge that has been a friend of mine for yrs and me and him are at odds right now
I had a guy write me a check for hay the amount was small it was $937.50 and it bounced I kept after him then finally went to the prosecutor and they locked the guy up and we went to court this friend the Judge presided over the case the guy told the judge if he released him that he would pay me within the week it has now been 3 months and I still haven't got pd and I can't get the prosecutor to refile the charges

So yes Jo I will supply the tractor and even a few politicians :lol: :lol:

grannysoo":1dk2jzu1 said:
America as a whole just needs to bend over and grab her ankles......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

We did for most of the 90's. Capital gains ate my lunch and I was just a small time investor. Why save? Spend it and help the economy. We look to be heading back down that path now.

Angus Cowman":36c2zla9 said:
Jogeephus":36c2zla9 said:
grannysoo":36c2zla9 said:

I will bring the tractor Jo

So yes Jo I will supply the tractor and even a few politicians :lol: :lol:

We have a local Judge that has been a friend of mine for yrs and me and him are at odds right now
I had a guy write me a check for hay the amount was small it was $937.50 and it bounced I kept after him then finally went to the prosecutor and they locked the guy up and we went to court this friend the Judge presided over the case the guy told the judge if he released him that he would pay me within the week it has now been 3 months and I still haven't got pd and I can't get the prosecutor to refile the charges

I know I'm in a minority on this but it seems to me like is a judge or a parole board allows someone to walk, they should be held responsible for this persons future actions. Recently we had a POS paroled from prison on early release by our "sensitive" parole board. This POS went to Alabama and killed a store clerk. To me, I think the parole board should personally be responsible for restitution to the clerk's family. In your case, the judge show either have to lock the fella up or make good his debt. JMO

show time":10bcy4fh said:

Why give money to anybody? Make them earn it. As for the so called "bail out". We're not bailing out GM, Ford, Chrysler...we're bailing out the UAW. Amazing I heard yesterday that in 2007 GM and Toyota basically sold the same number of vehicles world wide. GM lost about $35-40 billion...Toyota made $15 billion on same sales.

TexasBred":3c3a2hl1 said:
show time":3c3a2hl1 said:

Why give money to anybody? Make them earn it. As for the so called "bail out". We're not bailing out GM, Ford, Chrysler...we're bailing out the UAW. Amazing I heard yesterday that in 2007 GM and Toyota basically sold the same number of vehicles world wide. GM lost about $35-40 billion...Toyota made $15 billion on same sales.

Ride on TB!! While unions may have been originally formed to protect against employer abuse they have now become an economic leach, in many cases, ultimately making the entire country suffer. I'm sure when Toyota starts marketing a P/U that will haul 12 round bales, GM and Ford will lose even more market share.

Jogeephus":cjf9be9r said:
I am afraid this is not going to save the car industry. With free trade and the economy widdling away at their sales they are making 1/3 less vehicles than they used to. They cannot be profitable at these quantities. This infusion, in my opinion, is like giving a pint of blood to someone who has a severed aorta. I hope I'm wrong.

$13 billion is a joke. That wouldn't do anything longterm if they gave it ALL to GM. Spread amoung the three, it is almost silly. Everybody got all hot and bothered over the jets. GM is burning through $9 billion a month. The lease on a $50 million jet probably doesn't costs them $8 million a year. All the $13 billion really does is give them a "bridge loan" to the Obama administration, then we will let him descide what to do. Instead of giving them loans they will never pay back, the govt should have just bought autos for Gulf War veterans or something. $50 billion is ~833,000 base Silverados

If the ship is sinking, it makes no sense to fill it up with fuel.

Who is going to be the next Henry Ford and come up up with innovative ways to help Americans and its workers? I want to invest in that guy! With my own nickels.

Latest posts