Help me understand Purell

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Magis":zp94of0l said:
TexasBred":zp94of0l said:
That's all that's needed to kill most common bacteria.
I'm just saying that it seems to be a common misconception that it cleans your hands. It doesn't, and if there was a more serious form of bacteria on your hands such as e coli, I'm not sure it would help. Its purpose is to help reduce the spread and the cold and flu, and it does that.
Being virus' I doubt cold and flu would be affected by it at all. If it kills 95% of the bacteria on your hands including those in dirt and manure they are basically sterile.

TexasBred":zkntbgbv said:
Being virus' I doubt cold and flu would be affected by it at all. If it kills 95% of the bacteria on your hands including those in dirt and manure they are basically sterile.
But it doesn't, that's what I'm saying. I don't think I worded it correctly, I said bacteria and as you mentioned, cold and flu are caused by viruses.
The fine print on the bottles say "kills 95% of germs that cause cold and flu". Not 95% of all germs. At least the bottles I have say that.

I'm looking at a bottle of medical grade hand sanitizer. It says, and I quote here: For hand washing to decrease bacteria on the skin.

Would I use this as a sole item and consider myself squeaky clean? No. Is it OK for when in the car or something? Yes.

It also mentions to not use it in the eyes. Wish I had read that earlier.

Bestoutwest":38ewwxmm said:
I'm looking at a bottle of medical grade hand sanitizer. It says, and I quote here: For hand washing to decrease bacteria on the skin.

Would I use this as a sole item and consider myself squeaky clean? No. Is it OK for when in the car or something? Yes.

Does it say anything about salads?

I wonder what percent of germs, a vigorous hand washing with hot soapy water would kill?

M.Magis":qkh292jw said:
TexasBred":qkh292jw said:
But it doesn't, that's what I'm saying. I don't think I worded it correctly, I said bacteria and as you mentioned, cold and flu are caused by viruses.
The fine print on the bottles say "kills 95% of germs that cause cold and flu". Not 95% of all germs. At least the bottles I have say that.

But that is not what you said. You said (and I quote) "But Its purpose is to help reduce the spread and the cold and flu, and it does that."

It's a simple antibacterial. Alcohol !!!! Been used in hospitals and doctors offices (and vets) for ages to kill bacteria. Virus' are totally different monsters. Now they mix alcohol with some inert ingredient, triple the price and the public beats the door down to get it.

dun":1d4q36em said:
Bestoutwest":1d4q36em said:

Not specifically, but I would suggest that you don't rub the affected portion of salad in your eyes.

dun":39l0e63u said:
Bestoutwest":39l0e63u said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts