Help me find my tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Cut my oats (and weeds) today.. Just about lost a 55hp tractor too
20180730_120427.jpg

Rest of the field wasn't so weedy though
20180730_120945.jpg

Tractor purrs like a kitten, swather clatters along.. it's getting pretty tired.

I panned around for scenery too
[youtube]https://youtu.be/0jiZqJYd56M[/youtube]

Hit one fawn, saved one too though.. Put it in a safe spot in momma's general direction (I saw her earlier)
20180730_162653.jpg

20180730_163741_Film3.jpg

20180730_164119_Film3.jpg

usually they'll run out in time, but in this 5 ft oats they can't jump and run easily, and there's no hope in seeing them either

Nesi I gotta say that is about the fastest ive seen anyone mow with a haybine. If I try that it gets clogged... Nice pics and save.

skyhightree1":2vhs2eit said:
Nesi I gotta say that is about the fastest ive seen anyone mow with a haybine. If I try that it gets clogged... Nice pics and save.
it didn't do the cleanest job, but I tried slowing down to half the speed and it didn't make a difference in the cut.. actually, in that tall grass, if the rollers catch the grass before the cutter has cut it off, it takes a TON of power.

One of my skid shoes is totally worn out, you can see the track from it.. I added a 3/16th plate to the other one and it's getting thin now too.. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 9' when I find one at a reasonable price, going to stay with sicklebar though, don't want the expense of the discbines

Oh, and it did plug up once on my 2nd round, I think the cutterbar tine got stuck into an old piece of sod .. and I had driven over the hay to do the first round of course.

Great pics Nesi, that's a fine crop of oats. Are you going to bale it dry or wrap it?
Just curious about your disbine comment. Do you mean the expense to buy?

skyhightree1":duq5uozp said:
I thought the same thing. When I use one it is 2nd-3rd gear and about wide open. Those oats did well.

Silver":20mai5nq said:
Great pics Nesi, that's a fine crop of oats. Are you going to bale it dry or wrap it?
Just curious about your disbine comment. Do you mean the expense to buy?
buy and repair when the bearings blow out on them.. No way I can afford the shiny new stuff you have, so I'm stuck buying used, and well, you never know the history.
At least on a sicklebar the drive is accessible, and has a limited number of expensive parts... I quite like the NH wobble drive system, this unit is 40 years old and I had to replace a belt and one seal.. had to replace the seal because hay got wrapped up in it

yes, the oats did grow fast, I planted 60 days ago and it was a couple days before I got over the whole field with the irrigation

Silver":253q4y2c said:
Pretty productive country when you throw some water at it. Very nice.
water is key around here! you can't make a puddle if you try! We have a 40" precipitation deficit here

Franke":253q4y2c said:
Amazing views! How big is that field? Those oats did well.
about 9 acres or so