Help, I Need a New Digital Camera!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":12uakv0z said:
James T":12uakv0z said:
The Canon Rebel (digital) is hard to beat!

X2 or 3, great simple camera, I have one. But I have an iPhone 4 cell phone that is always with me and takes great quick pics. So you may want to think about a good quality cell phone that takes good quality pics. :2cents: As stated my phone is always with me .... Like a good dog. :lol:

I always joke that the best camera is the one that you have. Iphones and other smartphones have virtually killed the lower end of cameras for that reason. That being said, its real nice to be able to carry a dedicated camera with a big sensor and good glass to be able to capture certain moments. I bet 70% of the pictures I've taken in the last two years though have been on my phone.

ASF, you are helping me a lot!! And thank you for going into such great detail, as I know it takes a lot of time to do it. I am reading and trying to figure out what to do.
I am looking at the zooms etc.. on the ones you listed and deciding which one.

Size doesn't matter. :lol2: I always carried my camera in a pouch if I took it outside to keep the dust off of it. The camera I have is a Kodak DC290 ZOOM, if that tells you how old it is.

I am going to read what you have posted in more detail. Are you with "Roberts" store?

Chuckie,

Yes, I own my own company and I exclusively manage Roberts Cameras online sales. We are authorized for all these brands (be careful who you buy from if you want a warranty honored) and they have been in business in Indianapolis for over 55 years. Great company. The only reason I even pointed out who I work with is just to make sure that if you do get the ZS25, you get the refurbished deal because its a great deal.

Other then the Kodaks (no longer doing imaging) what cameras can charge the battery while it's still in the camera?

Thanks

dun":2f851aj6 said:
Other then the Kodaks (no longer doing imaging) what cameras can charge the battery while it's still in the camera?

Thanks

Both of the new 'point and shoot' digital cameras I've owned this year; I thought it was a 2015 thing.
That would be a Nikon Coolpix S7000, loved that camera but too frail for the way I abuse them and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-something or other which I don't like much at all.

Is that your camera ga.prime? I think I want that one next, it takes great photos.
Seriously hearing some good stuff lately about Sony, but I think I might not get another retractable lens camera, (RX-100) not for on-farm use anyway.

regolith, yes that is my camera but I just got it Wednesday and haven't even taken a picture yet, but I did charge the battery. I had been using a Nikon Coolpix, but the zoom in/out button messed up. Before that I was using a Panasonic Lumix. I'm pretty sure I'm going to like this one better than either of those. I'll try it out today.

I have a Sanyo VPC CS1 and I absolutely hate it. It does work great and takes good pics and video, but it's just more than I want. If I shot a lot of video, it might be ok, but it's just too complicated for everyday use for my needs.
http://www.videomaker.com/article/15117 ... ers-review

a_23.jpg

Ignore the bottom picture, it just tagged along with the web capture of the url.

main_25.jpg

I previously had a little Cannon Powershot, and took thousands of pics with it over the 7 years it worked flawlessly.

My Canon Power Shot worked great until I accidently dropped it. Then it would no longer take pics with the flash up. Got a Canon Rebel T5i only thing I am not crazy about is I miss my zoom button that was just a finger tip away. Other then that been getting some awesome pictures with it.

ga.prime":21stg64z said:
regolith, yes that is my camera but I just got it Wednesday and haven't even taken a picture yet, but I did charge the battery. I had been using a Nikon Coolpix, but the zoom in/out button messed up. Before that I was using a Panasonic Lumix. I'm pretty sure I'm going to like this one better than either of those. I'll try it out today.

Okay, I was thinking on the photos you've previously posted here.
The Nikon took nice video. Unfortunately it didn't last three months being carted around in my overalls pocket, lens failure, same as all my previous cameras (ricoh).

Artesian, I notice you don't recommend any Canon cameras.. is there a specific reason for that?, what would they need to be on your radar?

I had both a Canon S2IS and S3IS (about 10 years old now), I scratched the lens on the S3, and the S2 just gave up the ghost a month ago... Both were terribly abused, often falling off my truck seat and rolling around on the floor, both had well over 10,000 pictures taken with them.. For their time they had good video (not so much anymore) with stereo sound (a real rarity at that time), 12x optical zoom, and used 4 AA batteries (I got rechargables) so it was dirt cheap to run.

I also have the Rebel XTi, and have taken some great pictures with it, but I don't think I'd get another SLR for what I do.. too much money, and despite the optics being a *little* better, unless you spend the big bucks they are just a consumer item... I have the 2 batteries I got with the XTi about 8 years ago and they still work pretty good.

Now 90% of the pictures I take are with my Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone.. as long as you don't need to zoom or time your shot to the right instant (Taking a picture of a cow chewing cud without her mouth open), I'm really impressed with the quality of the pictures.. and it's so easy to carry around (though I usually still leave it at home)

Latest posts