Help!! Hoof Crack???

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
Saw my bull dip a little the other day when going onto a gravel road but then ran just fine. He is still running with the cows fairly normal when called in for feed. Today looked at his front hoof and saw this. Look pretty bad? Paid a LOT of $$$ for him just a month ago. If so should I request anything from the breeder? The guy said he had no foot problems on his ranch. Could this happen in 1 month on my place? Didnt notice it when I bought him.

Our bull had one that looked exactly like that, after worrying about him for a while I went out to check him three weeks later and he healed up great. You could still see the crack, but it did not affect his mobility at all.

Yeah I just dont want to wind up with $3000 of limping hamburger. I have only had 1 hereford 1 a cracked hoof before but that was at the tip, they shaved that down, never had one in the middle.

MRRherefords":175w0rku said:
Our bull had one that looked exactly like that, after worrying about him for a while I went out to check him three weeks later and he healed up great. You could still see the crack, but it did not affect his mobility at all.
Yeah my old timer neighber just told me nkw it looked like a slight crack/bruise and it should heal. Sure hope so.

With 4 vets finally got 1 to squeeze me in. It was a crack from the middle all the way to the bottom filled with mud. Dr grinded it smooth so nothing else would get stuck in the hoof, said it would be fine.

BK9954":m5ykg55o said:
With 4 vets finally got 1 to squeeze me in. It was a crack from the middle all the way to the bottom filled with mud. Dr grinded it smooth so nothing else would get stuck in the hoof, said it would be fine.
Good to hear. He should be working like normal in no time.

Latest posts