Hello folks

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid

Reaction score
Thought I'd just introduce myself real quick. The name is Claire aka milkmaid aka IdahoLabradors, depending on what forum I'm on at the moment. I live in Idaho where it's not quite as cold as it gets in Canada, but it can get cold here nonetheless. =)

I'll be honest right off; I'm not really experienced at the whole cattle everything. I've raised my share of bottle calves over the past years and sold some steers and heifers, but until this year I'd never owned a cow.

I bought a 5 or 6 year old dairy cow this past spring, halter broke and tamed her (wow what a job!) and she calved about a week ago. She currently has three calves by her side right now, one is hers and the others she's been very good about accepting. It seems like most of you folks on here have beef animals; I guess I'm here to add a little variety to the board. I like mine Holstein. :lol:

I have horses and dogs as well, and we've owned sheep in the past. I actually get along OK with those wooly critters, it's just pigs that I don't like unless they're on the table. LOL.

That's all :)

Welcome milkmaid! I think you'll find that some of us have had the occassional Holstein ourselves! I've had quite a few over the years.. and have also raised my share of bottle calves.

Enjoy!

Welcome milkmaid, I spent many months on a Holstein dairy outside of Boise while I was going up.

Alan

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. =)

See you around the boards!