Hello all the way from Pakistan

Help Support CattleToday:

darkbayinc

Reaction score
Hey all, stumbled my way into this forum a week ago looking for symptoms on rabies and now regularly read up on experiences from everyone. Though dairy farming is pretty different there than what we have here. Commercial farming is all about Holstein Freisians here. Some farms got a few jerseys but hard to come by now.

I had one question, does any one use any app to browse this forum? does Tapatalk work? tried searching for the forum but keep getting an error on signin. Though don't know if its the same forum that the app lists.

Welcome from Va in the USA. I am really computer illiterate so don't have any idea of using apps etc. Don't have a smart phone and have an older computer.
I am a milk tester with Dairy Herd Improvement Assoc. 30 + years. Your Holstein Freisans are much more beefy than the holsteins we have here I believe.
As a new member you will be restricted a little bit in the beginning to make sure you are not a bot or other stuff. But come on back and tell us how things are done over there?
We have a member from Lithuania here that raises and sells beef.... some from Australia....Canada.....

Welcome Darkbay, can't help you with apps either, they are above my pay rate. I'm one of the ones from Australia. Our cricket team just lost a home series to your neighbour India.

Ken

Hey all, stumbled my way into this forum a week ago looking for symptoms on rabies and now regularly read up on experiences from everyone. Though dairy farming is pretty different there than what we have here. Commercial farming is all about Holstein Freisians here. Some farms got a few jerseys but hard to come by now.

I had one question, does any one use any app to browse this forum? does Tapatalk work? tried searching for the forum but keep getting an error on signin. Though don't know if its the same forum that the app lists.

No apps, just the ability to save this forum to phone desk top and an Icon will show. Then you can click on it and get the full forum.
No Tapatalk, it has security issues we are not comfortable with so we do not have any forum on Tapatalk some time now.

Welcome from Va in the USA. I am really computer illiterate so don't have any idea of using apps etc. Don't have a smart phone and have an older computer.
I am a milk tester with Dairy Herd Improvement Assoc. 30 + years. Your Holstein Freisans are much more beefy than the holsteins we have here I believe.
As a new member you will be restricted a little bit in the beginning to make sure you are not a bot or other stuff. But come on back and tell us how things are done over there?
We have a member from Lithuania here that raises and sells beef.... some from Australia....Canada.....
i was a bit busy here with deworming and sending out bills to customers that couldn't come back to the forum. and wow! such a warm welcome from so many folks. I am actually a Doctor, a general physician at the moment. licensed and all but quit my practice to try and settle my farm. but its tough with growing feed costs and just the way i run it actually. Bought some local cow breeds and buffaloes actually but their lactation period is inconsistent and so is milk quantity. buffaloes just milk a max of 2000 liters/ 270 day lactation and have a 10 month cycle with heifers getting bred at 3 years of age! which is a commercial nightmare. New commercial farms mostly import friesians from the US or Dutch friesians which have the red gene i guess. My farm is pretty basic with old school hand milking so labour is also an issue. well lets hope i can survive it :). thanks for the info!

Welcome Darkbay, can't help you with apps either, they are above my pay rate. I'm one of the ones from Australia. Our cricket team just lost a home series to your neighbour India.

Ken
Thanks mate! i'm not a fan of cricket cuz i mostly grew up in the middle east and then studied medicine in China and now back to Pakistan. Just watch the Pakistan Vs India if they come by cuz thats not a game of cricket, its a battle field. sadly we have lost a lot in those matches. the only match that i remember watched all of it i guess was the Australia VS South Africa a few years ago. that match was straight out of a movie. what was it a 400+ score and then the other team chased it and i guess won too! don't remember the details but had much respect for the two teams.

Welcome and we hope you stay and participate. I do not use an App myslelf. But as I recall, some users like @kenny thomas use their phone to browse here. My guess is @Angie can tell you more. You may want to post something in the Cattle Today Announcements & Forum Help. I am sure she monitors that thread.
Thanks! i also use my phone to browse but its a pain going through chrome tabs and zooming into posts and tiny links. i would love to participate and would too whenever i can but reading up on threads i realize you guys are on a whole different level. but its good to learn.

No apps, just the ability to save this forum to phone desk top and an Icon will show. Then you can click on it and get the full forum.
No Tapatalk, it has security issues we are not comfortable with so we do not have any forum on Tapatalk some time now.
Thanks Angie, yeah i guess safari allows saving icons to websites i guess. Yeah i guess i'll have to make do with using the forum on a browser. thanks again! see you around.

i was a bit busy here with deworming and sending out bills to customers that couldn't come back to the forum. and wow! such a warm welcome from so many folks. I am actually a Doctor, a general physician at the moment. licensed and all but quit my practice to try and settle my farm. but its tough with growing feed costs and just the way i run it actually. Bought some local cow breeds and buffaloes actually but their lactation period is inconsistent and so is milk quantity. buffaloes just milk a max of 2000 liters/ 270 day lactation and have a 10 month cycle with heifers getting bred at 3 years of age! which is a commercial nightmare. New commercial farms mostly import friesians from the US or Dutch friesians which have the red gene i guess. My farm is pretty basic with old school hand milking so labour is also an issue. well lets hope i can survive it :). thanks for the info!
Welcome doctor. Do you have any pictures sounds interesting. I'm not real good with
all the milking cows and buffaloes. Hopefully, you can teach us.
You can survive farming if you want. ☺

Latest posts