HELLO ALL- NEED INFO ON BLACK ANGUS VACCINES

Help Support CattleToday:

ALUCIO74

Reaction score
I NEED SOME INFORMATION, I HAVE ABOUT 30 BLACK ANGUS HEIFERS AND 3 BULLS AND MY QUESTION IS WHAT TYPES OF VACCINATIONS ARE GIVE TO BLACK ANGUS CATTLE AND IN WHAT SEASON OF THE YEAR ARE THEY GIVEN TO KEEP THEM HEALTHY. I AM LOCATED IN OAKDALE CALIFORNIA, JUST IN CASE THEY VARY BY LOCATION. MUCH THANKS

Angus need no special vaccines.

I vaccinate for IBR, BVD PI-3, BRSV, Vibrio, Lepto 5 with Hardjo Bovis, Black leg, Trich, and Pneumonia and Neospora.

If they are bred I would not use a modified live vaccine on them especially if you dont know if they were vaccinated with one prior to breeding or not.

If you want a vaccine that has alot of the aforementioned stuff in it try.

Virashield 6 VL 5+ HB, you can get the pneumonia shot in Bar Somnus 2P, Black leg I just use whatever is cheapest usually Ultrabac 7 and for trich we use trich guard. If you do these I recommend that you give em a shot per label, revaccinate per label with Virashield 6 +L5 HB and the other mentioned vaccines except for neospora 21 days later. Then after that you can vaccinate them once a year. Personally though I vaccinate every 6 months fall and spring. You need to worm them every 6 months. My vet recommends Ivomec plus in the spring (shot) and Ivomec Eprinex in the fall (pour on).

Just follow the labels and you should be alright.

Welcome! I'm a neighbor (kind of) from up in Amador County, CA.

Check with your local large animal vet to get his/her recommendations for a vaccination schedule - do you have any vaccination history of the cattle? If they have been vaccinated previously it could save you some $$$ because a lot of the vaccines given the 1st time need to be boosted in 4-6 weeks and then boosted annually after that -- worth looking into.

Again, welcome and good luck.

Lose the caps lock - it is considered yelling - not required here.

Talk to your veterinarian - they will have the advice you need.

Unless of course you want to give those angus a shot of Kleurweg vaccinne and produced in the Netherlands by Frankiecorp Ltd and distributed by that most visited web site for cattle - http://www.thehappycowhandler.com - it prevents that funny red colour from coming out in calves and should be given twice a year. Keeps your cattle shiny black - making them better than any other breed out there.

You also need to provide angus cattle with an annual shot of Koornenweg vaccinne - it ensures that every animal you breed to angus will never have horns. No matter how diluted the anti horn gene becomes. This one is vital in order to maintain the perfection that all angus folks believe is to be found in the holy grail of cattle. It is alo produced in the Netherlands and distributed through http://www.thehappycowhandler.com

Finally - you will need permission from your veterinarian to give this one - or you could actually have a veterinarian come out to the farm and do a complete herd health check - although we all know angus do not usually require this one. This vaccinne is called Antirozeoog - it is not often used as it is a pink eye prevention and cancer eye prevention - and we all know angus seldom if ever are affected by this. But your veterinarian will have this should you be interested.

Now, all of the above is bull schitte - and I am happy you are looking for advice. But this is a public board filled with lots of bull schitte - you have a serious question like the one you asked - go to where it matters - go to your veterinarian.

If you honestly believe you cannot afford it (we hear this all the time) - or s/he is too expensive (we hear this all the time) - look at it like this.

You save one calf at a value of 600 bucks and the visit cost you 400 - you still have cash flow. If you lose 7 - then you are really in the deep mud.

Call your veterinarian - if you do not want to spend the money sell your cows - sooner or later you will try the advice of the wrong person and you will be well and truly screwed. Or you will not call your veterinarian and the cow / calf will die.

Go to the experts - not the rumour mills.

My best

Bez+

Bez,

You could have saved your fingers and just typed...

Talk to your veterinarian - they will have the advice you need.

and left the rest of the "bull schitte" unsaid.

Latest posts