Heifter Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I've used SAV Thunderbird on heifers the last 3 years and will use him again this year. I have a lot of confidence in him and I get a good calf as well.
Ken

used Sitz Lightning on commercial heifers, used Infinity and Really Windy 4097 on purebreds.

angus9259":33wers82 said:
Nbar Prime D806 all the way!
Too much hair for the south.

Big question: what do you want to do with the calves? Keep, sell, just calve out heifers easy? If you have limited feed for the first calf heifers think of low growth calves to keep the heifers from missing breed back.

I have seen other posts from breeders who have used Comrade and they were very pleased.
You may want to look at Connealy Capitalist and SAV Mustang from Select Sires.
An older bull that has produced well is Connealy Thunder.

Named'em Tamed'em":1m1prxku said:
ABSOLUTE from ABS
+1. Also heard from a GenEx regional rep today today there's a lot of buzz on EF Commando (17082311), CED +18 (top 1%), BW -2.1 (4%), WW 68 (5%), YW 120 (4%). They come out smaller but vigorous, big time growth. They have frame score at 4.8 but he said most say he's a 5.1/5.2

torogmc81":1qr6i1s0 said:
Named'em Tamed'em":1qr6i1s0 said:
ABSOLUTE from ABS
+1. Also heard from a GenEx regional rep today today there's a lot of buzz on EF Commando (17082311), CED +18 (top 1%), BW -2.1 (4%), WW 68 (5%), YW 120 (4%). They come out smaller but vigorous, big time growth. They have frame score at 4.8 but he said most say he's a 5.1/5.2
Sounds like he is a good salesman as this bull is EXACTALLY what you need. Small birth and huge growth: nice verbage. But the FS predictions with small fractional differences,...Hum-m-m??? Maybe that ought to tell you something!

Ah-h-h, spring buds eternal in hopes that the new AI bulls breed better, the birds sing and the daffodils bloom. :lol:

Latest posts