&%$#@@$%$%$$ Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Neener neener neener!.. I got a bull calf today!.. Puts me a 3 heifers 2 bulls.

As a bull breeder like you I do say its really gotta suck... Hey, at least they're alive right?

Everyone in my area this year is throwing heifers as well. I am 100% Heifers this year, and have 4 more to go. Hoping for some bulls, but not looking good so far :(

I actually got two bull calves today for a 3/3 split now.. really liking the one that was just born too, but he's too heavy so he'll be nutted

Rafter S":1215w0kf said:
jedstivers":1215w0kf said:
dun":1215w0kf said:
We had another bull today, of course he is out of a crossbred cow!
They like them in Texas. Keep him intact and ship him west.

What do you mean "They"? Don't lump me in with that.
I was talking about the big timers that know everything. :mrgreen:

cmf1":3uo26o6b said:
Must be the difference in elevation.
5 bulls, 1 heifer, so far.

Not really the folks I runs cows with are running 80% bull calves this year. Born in the same pasture.

I had the same issue at the start of calving season last year. my season actually goes on for a few months. This year I noticed I will have a nice group of heifers close in age to breed which will make it easier since I am 100% AI

Alright, enough already.. 2 bulls, 8 heifers!... Oh well, they're all healthy and nice looking.

3waycross.. you can use some more heifers right?

I'm 10 for 10... that's always something to be happy about.. especially since I did have one close call.. Thankfully I had enough experience beforehand to not have had to learn it on the spot

cmf1":35wk72k0 said:
Must be the difference in elevation.
5 bulls, 1 heifer, so far.

Same here, I'm just above sea level - 5 bulls and 1 heifer. Avg 94.8 lbs, Main herd just starting though.

Last calf of the year born this morning, I'll give ya'll 1 flippin guess what it was :frowns: :frowns: :frowns: :frowns: :frowns: :frowns: : :bang: :bang: this is :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Of course the good news is mother and dtr are doing well!

3way

I didn't read the entire post, are you saying you didn't get one bull calf? If I am understanding this right not one, all I can say is wow that truly sucks, I know for us our bull market is our bread and butter, no bull calves can hurt cash flow for sure. :hide: :bang: :bang:

gizmom

gizmom":3ajjrpdf said:
3way

I didn't read the entire post, are you saying you didn't get one bull calf? If I am understanding this right not one, all I can say is wow that truly sucks, I know for us our bull market is our bread and butter, no bull calves can hurt cash flow for sure. :hide: :bang: :bang:

gizmom

I got 3 one died at birth, and I have a co operator that is raising one for me.

Running 80% heifers up here too..... LOTS of purple ear tags running around the pens and not very many blue ones!! Hubby is NOT impressed with the surge of girls... LOL

OK, my count at 22 done is 9 heifers and 13 steers.. sure a far cry from my start of 8 heifers and 2 steers.. I have a couple promising heifers so I'm set

We are at 7 girls and 13 boys with one heifer yet to calve in the next week. Bagging up nicely for a first timer. If we can get that one on the ground live, we'll be 21 for 21 and I will be thrilled with a boy OR girl.