Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
We've 13 last year heifers. Going to keep 3-4 of them. All others will be slaughtered or maybe somebody will buy some for breeding too, but we'll keep them until spring.
The eldest is 19 months old, the youngest- 14 months old.
2013_10200024.JPG

2013_10200018.JPG

2013_10200015.JPG

2013_10200014.JPG

2013_10200009.JPG

2013_10200003.JPG

2013_10200011.JPG

We're going to keep heifers from 2nd, 5th- blue roan heifer, 6th(maybe) and 7th pics.

Nice heifers!!!
Fondly reminds me of ours :)
I also like that last one, reminds me of Elinor, Eve's yearling daughter by Irish Black Knight.
I hope that they will work well by you.

Will you still have your Limo bull when you breed these?

glacierridge":1dpwcoha said:
Nice heifers!!!
Fondly reminds me of ours :)
I also like that last one, reminds me of Elinor, Eve's yearling daughter by Irish Black Knight.
I hope that they will work well by you.

Will you still have your Limo bull when you breed these?
Thank you.
Yes, Limo bull going to work for two more summers, while these heifers going to be bred next summer.

Sam, I like the blue roan heifer, too. chuckie has a good eye for cattle. :nod:
I like the one with the white on her face too and the one that I would call a white roan. I do notice your cattle are a lot like some that Anne has.

6th picture down. There is a stone in your pasture. That is against the law in the United States. If the pasture police see that here they issue you one warning to move it to a permitted location. If you fail to abide by the warning, they drop it down your shorts on the follow-up inspection. You may have heard of having stones? Well this is the real thing.

inyati13":179cbdtv said:
I like the one with the white on her face too and the one that I would call a white roan. I do notice your cattle are a lot like some that Anne has.

6th picture down. There is a stone in your pasture. That is against the law in the United States. If the pasture police see that here they issue you one warning to move it to a permitted location. If you fail to abide by the warning, they drop it down your shorts on the follow-up inspection. You may have heard of having stones? Well this is the real thing.
That's about how big a kidney stone feels!

inyati13":1asowoy0 said:

As stones go tho, that's a fine one. Sharp, clean, well defined lines--almost scapula shaped and a good 45 deg angle--I think that's a GREAT stone. Not as good as the heifers of course, but if we're gonna judge, might as well do it right.

We're going to keep heifers from 2nd, 5th- blue roan heifer, 6th(maybe) and 7th pics.

Might I ask why you don't intend to keep the one in the 3rd picture?
Is her rib cage width about the same as the rest?

greybeard":n985ld5b said:
inyati13":n985ld5b said:

As stones go tho, that's a fine one. Sharp, clean, well defined lines--almost scapula shaped and a good 45 deg angle--I think that's a GREAT stone. Not as good as the heifers of course, but if we're gonna judge, might as well do it right.

Might I ask why you don't intend to keep the one in the 3rd picture?
Is her rib cage width about the same as the rest?

GB, I agree, that is a nice stone. I wonder if they have EPDs for it. I think the front is too straight and it might be sickle hocked. But that is something Sam might fix in the next breeding. BTW, do you know what a Sex Stone is? Answer, just another f'ing rock.

We are getting way off topic but I always figured they were the rocks the girls threw at me when I asked them out.

I do however, know what a Soup Stone is. I have my grandmother's sitting on a shelf.

Back to the heifers.

greybeard":13vf69oe said:
We are getting way off topic but I always figured they were the rocks the girls threw at me when I asked them out.

I do however, know what a Soup Stone is. I have my grandmother's sitting on a shelf.

Back to the heifers.

I don't think this is the kind of soup stone you are talking about. Early people would heat stones in a fire and drop them into hide containers of water and what they wanted to cook. The stones would heat the water to temperatures that would help breakdown the foods so they were more palatable.

Here we don't have such a law about stones being in fields, because here we've so many stones that we're able to built castle from them. Some are very hudge, maybe ~22045lbs and more. I'll take pic of one hudge stone in our land.
It's impossible to make that in fields were no stones.

Latest posts