heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

deenranch

Reaction score
Y3_8-20-12.JPG

Late December '11 heifer (almost 8 months)

Y15_C_8-20-12.JPG

Another late December '11 heifer (almost 8 months)

Y15_-_Y3_8-20-12.JPG

Above heifers together

charolais_003.JPG

This heifer is barely 9 months old

I like that first heifer quite a bit. The back end is what makes her. I had to do a double take as I have a Rio Bravo daughter that could pass for her twin sister.
What are they bred like?

Bigfoot":3nvzj354 said:
Pink noses. Ever thought of covering them with a Brangus bull?

Why? Do you eat the noses? Pretty sure I don't. Lol. Purebred seed stock!

cow pollinater":3nvzj354 said:
I like that first heifer quite a bit. The back end is what makes her. I had to do a double take as I have a Rio Bravo daughter that could pass for her twin sister.
What are they bred like?

First Heifer is a President x Mac 2244 x duke 914
Second heifer is a President x Wind 4020
Then they are pictured together.
Last heifer is an Illusion N111 x Alimark T214 x Agatha.

Thanks for the compliments.

What would y'all change in these heifers as Charolais? Not to cross them with a black bull!!

Like the first and 3rd heifers a lot. The middle one doesn't belong with the other two. She's not bad she's just not as good as the other two. Needs a lot more muscle and capacity, and i don't like the way she is cut in the flank.

3waycross":1f74hho3 said:
Like the first and 3rd heifers a lot. The middle one doesn't belong with the other two. She's not bad she's just not as good as the other two. Needs a lot more muscle and capacity, and i don't like the way she is cut in the flank.

What is the world coming too? I agree with Vic!

Seriously though, the first and third heifers are really good and offer the phenotype I'd be looking for if I wanted to use Charolais, the second heifer could be an average heifer of quite a few breeds with a different paint job.

DEENRANCH,

You are going to have to hook me up with two or so cows or calves one day. I need to get some seedstock going on the charolais side of things.

I was going to describe the heifers the same way. Your 9 month may be the best, but can't see her front end. Your 2nd heifer has a prettier front end, but lacking too much elsewhere. I will give up a pretty front end for power. All in all - nice group of heifers.